How to prepare yourself for your examination
We advise you to draw fully on the following:
- The list of competencies that an European intensivist should acquire – CoBaTrICE
- EDIC Part I Refresher Course
- EDIC Part II Preparation Course
- The ESICM Annual Congress and LIVES FORUM: Educational interactive sessions & pre-congress courses
- The ESICM Master Classes
- The ESICM Academy programme (incl. former PACT modules)
- “Multiple Choice Questions in Intensive Care Medicine” by S Benington, P Nightingdale & M Shelly (tfm Publishing Ltd/Gutenberg Press)
- Training opportunities at local and national levels. Contact your local authorities
The EDIC Guidelines can also provide you with some additional information on recommended approaches to training.
Translation & Validity of the EDIC Certificate
ESICM delivers a Diploma in Intensive Care for those who have passed the EDIC Part I & II and successfully completed the required amount of training, thus fulfilling the set criteria for receiving the Diploma. This Diploma is in English only. Its recognition at national level is based on national regulations.