DIGITAL EDIC I PREPARATION COURSE
Date: February 27, 2024
The EDIC I Preparation Course was developed to support candidates in their preparation for the exam with practical examples of exam formats. While the course does not cover critical care content, it focuses on giving you support and getting ready for the exam day.
Christabel MIZZI MD Melit MRCP (UK) DESAIC, Consultant Anesthesist and Intensivist, Mater Dei Hospital, L-Imsida, Malta
Alexandru NICA MD, Medico-surgical ICU, Compiègne Noyon Hospital, Compiègne, France
Frantisek DUSKA MD, PhD, AFICM, Associate Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine at FNKV University Hospital in Prague, Czech Republic; Past Chairperson of Education & Training Committee, ESICM
Ravindra KUMAR MD FRCA DICM FFICM Consultant, Intensive Care Medicine & Anaesthetics, Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust, Redhill, United Kingdom
Alexander MCDONALD MD Consultant Physician, Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary, Dumfries, United Kingdom
Andrew WESTBROOK MD Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Medicine, St. Vincents University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland; Chairman EDIC committee, ESICM
Luigi ZATTERA MD Resident in Anaesthesiology and Critical Care at Hospital del Mar- Parc de Salut MAR, Barcelona, Spain
- This is the official ESICM EDIC I Preparation Course.
- Led by key experts from the Education and Training Committee and experienced EDIC examiners.
- This course includes exclusive access to the mock exam (100 EDIC-style MCQs).
- Tips on how to pass the exam and approach the exam questions, including guidance on educational materials and other resources to best prepare for the EDIC I exam.
- It is not a critical care refresher course nor an in-depth review of critical care content. For such training please follow our educational offer and Academy resources
- Answers to the EDIC exam questions will not be provided, nor actual exam questions used in the course.
- Recommendations for “the best” or exam-tailored preparatory materials for the exam cannot be given.
- Taking the course does not guarantee passing the EDIC I exam.
- The EDIC II exam and preparatory course are entirely separate from this course, with a different structure and faculty.
- To understand the evolution, objective and format of the EDIC I exam
- To provide a guide to some of the resources available
- To motivate and engage participants in the learning process (self-study and LIVE virtual sessions)
- To evaluate progress and provide guides to tailored support where required
- To understand the practicalities and logistics of the exam
- What is the EDIC I exam? Blueprint, percentage and distribution of topics tested on the exam
- Types and distribution of exam questions (i.e.: Type A and Type K)
- Interactive example MCQs with teaching points from course faculty
- Testimonial and tips from a recent successful EDIC examinee
- Information on the exam proctoring process and technical requirements
- Candidates preparing for the EDIC I exam or a similar standardised exam
Further questions? Contact us at email@example.com