DIGITAL EDIC I PREPARATION COURSE
Date: September 4, 2023
The registrations will open on April 11, 2023.
*In order to benefit from the ESICM Members rate, please make sure that your membership for 2023 is paid before registering for the course. Kindly note that you might need to wait for a few hours between the renewal of your membership and its activation.
Alexandru NICA MD, Medico-surgical ICU, Compiègne Noyon Hospital, Compiègne, France
The EDIC I preparation course was developed to support candidates preparing for the EDIC I exam. The principle of the EDIC I preparation course is to cover the European recognized minimum competences and knowledge for the practice of critical care medicine rather than cutting edge new technology and science. The course has been designed in order to represent the blueprint of the EDIC I exam.
- This is the official ESICM EDIC I Preparation Course.
- Led by key experts from the Education and Training Committee and experienced EDIC examiners.
- This course includes EXCLUSIVE access to the online EDIC I Preparation course*, which includes a mock exam with EDIC-style MCQs.
- Tips on how to pass the exam and approach the exam questions, including guidance on educational materials and other resources to best prepare for the EDIC I exam.
- It is not a “Critical Care Refresher” nor an in-depth review of critical care content. For such training please follow our educational offer and Academy (ESICM Academy link) resources
- Answers to the EDIC exam questions will not be provided, nor actual exam questions used in the course.
- Recommendations for “the best” or exam-tailored preparatory materials for the exam cannot be given.
- Taking the course does not guarantee passing the EDIC I exam.
- The EDIC II exam and preparatory course are entirely separate from this course, with a different structure and faculty.
- To understand the evolution, objective and format of the EDIC I exam
- To provide a guide to some of the resources available
- To motivate and engage participants in the learning process (self-study and LIVE virtual sessions)
- To evaluate progress and provide guides to tailored support where required
- To understand the practicalities and logistics of the exam
- What is the EDIC I exam? Blueprint, percentage and distribution of topics tested on the exam
- Types and distribution of exam questions (i.e.: Type A and Type K)
- Interactive example MCQs with teaching points from course faculty
- Testimonial and tips from a recent successful EDIC examinee
- Information on the exam proctoring process and technical requirements
- Candidates preparing for the EDIC I exam or a similar standardised exam
*Note: This exclusive and time-limited access is only available to paid registrants of EDIC I Prep course 2022 on the ESICM Academy. There are limited spaces available for this session.
Further questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org