Society Medal Holders
ESICM awards an annual medal, the Society Medal, to one of its most dedicated and long serving members.
The ESICM Society Medal is awarded to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to both the Society and the specialty over a prolonged period of time.
The Council nominates individuals deserving of this award in the Spring of each year. The Executive Commmitee then shortlists the nominees and asks the Council to formally vote for the most deserving winner.
ESICM Society Medal holders benefit from a life-long honorary (free) membership to the Society.
- 2018 : Elie Azoulay, France
- 2017 : Jean Carlet, France (Watch Tribute video)
- 2016 : Rui Moreno, Portugal (Watch Tribute video)
- 2015 : Andrew Rhodes, United Kingdom (Watch Tribute video)
- 2014 : Jukka Takala, Switzerland (Watch Interview video)
- 2013 : Massimo Antonelli, Italy (Watch Interview video)
- 2012 : Julian Bion, United Kingdom
- 2011 : Charles Sprung, Israel
- 2010 : Jean-Roger Le Gall, France
- 2009 : Jean-Louis Vincent, Belgium
- 2008 : Luciano Gattinoni, Italy
- 2007 : François Lemaire, France
- 2006 : Konrad Falke, Germany
- 2005 : Peter Suter, Switzerland
The ESICM every year is able to award honorary membership to the Society.
Honorary membership is awarded to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution the society or to the specialty of Intensive Care Medicine (Statutes – Article 4.4).
The Council nominates individuals deserving of this award in the Spring of each year. The Executive Commmitee then shortlists the nominees and where necessary asks the Council to formally vote for the most deserving recipients(s).
Honorary members benefit from a life-long (free) membership of the society.
AWARDED HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
- 2018 : Flavia R. Machado, Brazil
- 2018 : Didier Payen de la Garanderie, France
- 2017 : Hans Flaatten, Norway
- 2017 : Marco Maggiorini, Switzerland
- 2017 : Antonio Pesenti, Italy
- 2017 : Mervyn Singer, United Kingdom
- 2017 : Claudia Spies, Germany
- 2016 : Sameer Jog, India
- 2016 : Margaret Herridge, Canada
- 2016 : Goran Hedenstierna, Sweden
- 2016 : Michael Reed Barratt, United States
- 2016 : Elie Azoulay, France
- 2015 : Derek Angus, United States
- 2015 : Johan Groeneveld, Netherlands
- 2015 : John Marini, United States
- 2015 : Konrad Reinhart, Germany
- 2014 : Julie Benbenishty, Israel
- 2014 : Veerappan Chithambaram, United Kingdom
- 2014 : Arthur Slutsky, Canada
- 2013 : Laurent Brochard, Canada
- 2013 : Jeremy Farrar, United Kingdom
- 2013 : Charles Hinds, United Kingdom
- 2013 : Greet van den Berghe, Belgium
- 2012 : Antonio Artigas, Spain
- 2012 : Mitchell Levy, United States
- 2012 : Michael Pinsky, United States
- 2012 : Warren Zapol, United States
- 2011 : Andrés Esteban, Spain
- 2011 : David Bennett, United Kingdom
- 2010 : Malcolm Fisher, Australia
- 2010 : Elias Knobel, Brazil
- 2009 : Albert Osterhaus, Netherlands