Thematic volumes in Intensive Care
Lessons from the ICU is a Book Series of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM).
The Series aims to provide the best resource to everyone working in ICUs, where each volume contains a comprehensive overview of thematic issues in Intensive Care.
The monothematic volumes aim to cover the majority of topics intensive care professionals may face during their career, and they are an excellent guide for residents at their first ICU experience, senior consultants, nurses, or allied healthcare professionals.
The chapters’ organisation allows the reader to quickly approach or refresh the pathophysiology background and move on to diagnosing and treating. Every chapter has ‘Take Home Messages’ lists, and practical examples are set so that theoretical knowledge is translated into a worked clinical scenario. Every volume is edited by world-renowned key opinion leaders in Intensive Care, and every chapter is written by experts in the field.
In summary, Lessons from the ICU bridges the gap in the current Intensive Care Literature by bringing top-quality literature reviews that can be easily digested and used at the bedside to improve patients’ outcomes.
Maurizio CECCONI – Head of Department Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano (IT); Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care; Vice President MEDTEC School; Humanitas University (IT)
Daniel DE BACKER – Professor of Intensive Care at the Université Libre de Bruxelles; Head of Intensive Care Departments of CHIREC Hospitals, Brussels and Braine l’Alleud-Waterloo (BE)
- Hemodynamic Monitoring ~ Michael R. Pinsky, Jean-Louis Teboul, Jean-Louis Vincent
- Post-Intensive Care Syndrome ~ Jean-Charles Preiser, Margaret Herridge, Elie Azoulay
Hemodynamic Monitoring will soon be translated and published in Spanish and Chinese.
Click on the images for more information about each volume.
Click here to know more about the Series.
DISCOUNT FOR ESICM MEMBERS
ESICM members are entitled to a 25% discount on the list price of the volumes.
How does it work?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the discount code
- Visit the Springer page promoting titles in the Series already published – Hemodynamic Monitoring or Post-Intensive Care Syndrome
- Choose your preferred version – eBook or hardcover
- Follow the instructions and enter the code when completing your purchase
The coupon code is valid for each of the titles of the Series, including the ones that will be published in the future.
- Management of Dysregulated Immune Response in the Critically Ill Patients ~ Zsolt Molnar, Marlies Ostermann, Manu Shankar-Hari
- The Very Old Critically Ill Patients ~ Hans Flaatten, Bertrand Guidet, Hélène Vallet
- Ethics in Intensive Care Medicine ~ Andrej Michalsen, Nicholas Sadovnikoff, Jozef Kesecioglu