Advance your career through mentoring projects, training grants and fellowships.
Find your peers and start networking.
What is NEXT
The voice of young intensivists
Contact the Committee
The NEXT Committee is always available to answer any question you might have, do not hesitate to contact us!
Here you can find information about the NEXT Committee members, our affiliations and social media accounts to reach us.
Interested in collaborating with us?
You can give your contribution to many communication activities within the Society, as set out below. Contact us at email@example.com.
Do you ever feel the time is never enough to read all the articles published? Or do you find yourself reading articles not relevant to your interest?
The NEXT community is here to help you save time and make practical decisions on what to read, just at a glance!
Here we offer a Visual Abstract format where we have summarised the findings of most papers for you. You can have a quick overview of the study by observing the abstract and making your smart decision on its relevance to your field of interest.
Learn by listening! A unique opportunity to listen to exclusive interviews with the authors of the best research work in Intensive Care Medicine!
First-hand information on methodologies, challenges and findings of the research work will be served to you in a podcast format, to be listened to whenever you want!
Every third and fourth Tuesday of the month, we engage our social media followers with short multiple-choice quizzes!
Questions are drawn from real-world situations faced daily in clinical practice.
A simple self-evaluation strategy to help reinforce your knowledge and identify your individual learning needs.
Answer and rationale are given the following day so you can reflect on the full correct explanation.
Opportunities for members
The NEXT committee and its members play a pivotal role in the success of the ESICM’s annual congress, LIVES.
What can this year’s congress offer to young intensivists?
- Unite and represent the young generation of intensive care physicians
- Assess the needs of young intensivists and provide a platform for information and exchange
- Adapt educational resources and congress programmes to the needs of our generation
- Enlarge and empower the young community of ESICM
- Discuss, question and meet with those who carry out ground-breaking research and the authors of our eLearning modules.
Top talks from LIVES 2020
- Case reviewed: Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- My important message about intensive care for young intensivists
- Discussion on “Timing of Initiation of Renal-Replacement Therapy in Acute Kidney Injury”
- Respiratory failure: choose your own adventure
- Case reviewed: oncology and perioperative ICM
- Sepsis Immunology: new frontiers for future sepsis perspectives
- Triage in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Outcome dilemma in ICU literature: beyond mortality
- Innovation in ICU
- Imposter syndrome: real or not?
Boost your career by participating in one of our free 5-day fellowship programmes and learn everything they have ever wanted to know about Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Management.
One of the highly respected European centres in the field will host you for this great opportunity, and this programme will be entirely free for you!
ESICM NEXT trainees and young specialists, we are delighted to announce a new opportunity to boost your career opportunities, research productivity, and personal growth: The NEXT-Mentoring Project.
Join the NEXT-Mentoring Project & become a mentee of an ESICM faculty member!
- Get help with planning and conducting your research projects
- “Go international” by networking with your cross-border mentor and increase mobility in your work
- Get expert advice about your ICM training and career development
This initiative aims at exposing NEXT members, with little prior experience, to scientific writing. The supervision of a senior member of their team will be required to ensure the quality of the cases presented.
The clinical cases will be evaluated by a jury composed of NEXT committee members, according to the published evaluation criteria. The “Best clinical cases” will be defined as those composing the upper quartile after scoring completion.
Applications for 2022 are now closed
Designed by and for members of NEXT, E-MOVE is an online career development tool you can use to discover:
- How ICM training is organised throughout Europe
- How to validate your qualifications and register as a doctor in different European countries
- What it is like to live in different countries (from health insurance to childcare)
- Information about ESICM NEXT Fellowships that might suit your training needs!
- Career Centre
General info about Europe/ICM
- Directive 2005/36/EC
- Summary of ICM training across the European union
Is moving abroad right for me? When is the best time to go abroad during my training? How should I get organised? How to choose the best centre for my learning goals?
This new educational opportunity is specially designed for junior intensivists to improve their practice in one of the core pillars of intensive care medicine.
The training programme will combine webinars, face-to-face training and practical hands-on.
The registration process is now closed.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
All of ESICM ‘s congress resources are available at your fingertips – online, anytime, anywhere!
European Diploma in ICM (EDIC)
European Diploma in advanced critical care EchoCardiography (EDEC)