Registration Process for EDIC I & II
All candidates must have a fully complete and updated application, successfully register during the registration period (noted above) and have their registration validated before they are fully registered for the EDIC I or EDIC II exam. Please find details about this 3 step process below.
1. Application Process (creation of your personal EDIC profile)
New Candidates/ not an ESICM user: Please create an ESICM account and complete the EDIC application form in My ESICM/My EDIC/EDIC Profile
New Candidates/ ESICM user: Please complete the EDIC application form in My ESICM/My EDIC/EDIC Profile
For Candidates who have already completed an application form, please login and check that your details are still valid. Please make any changes as necessary.
Create/login to your profile
2. Registration Process (booking of exam centre and level of exam)
Candidates will be informed on the ESICM website when registration opens. Places are on a first come first served basis.
Before registering, please ensure that all Visa requirements are met for the country where you would like to take the exam. Kindly note that registration cannot be deterred to a later exam and cancellation fees will not be waived if there is a Visa or other related issue.
For the EDIC Part I Exam:
- Select ONE centre (only) per candidate when registering in your EDIC Profile.
For the EDIC Part II Exam:
- Proceed with registration in your EDIC Profile. In order to ensure priority applications, exam centres will be allocated during the validation process and candidates will be notified of details by the EDIC coordinator via direct email only.
Once processed, payment for both EDIC I & II registration will be requested (credit cards only) using a secure method.
3. Validation Process
Each application is processed individually by the EDIC Secretariat and can take up to four weeks.
- All candidates should receive an automatic electronic response when registration is complete. This message is NOT a confirmation that the candidate has a guaranteed seat. Your seat at the EDIC exams is only guaranteed after the validation of your application by the office (by the closing date of applications).
- Candidates should wait for validation before making any travel arrangements (e.g. work leave, flight/hotel reservations, visa application, etc.) ESICM is not responsible for any costs incurred by validated or unvalidated candidates.
- Candidates credit cards are not charged by ESICM until the validation process is complete. Note that some financial institutions may provisionally deduct the fee immediately upon entering the credit card data during registration, these funds are held by the individual bank – not ESICM, so any issues must be resolved by the candidate with their own bank.
|ESICM Members||Non Members|
|Part I||EUR 360*||EUR 510*|
|Part II||EUR 480||EUR 680|
*Note: The registration to the EDIC I examination includes EXCLUSIVE access to the online EDIC I Preparation course, which includes mock exam with EDIC-style MCQs. This access is only available on the ESICM Academy to paid participants to the EDIC I exam and to the Refresher Course.
Important: Candidates who have not paid their ESICM membership fee of the exam year when they submit their application for the EDIC exam (oral or written) will automatically be billed the non-member price. Should you wish to benefit from the member’s price, please pay your member fees first and make that your member ID is saved in your application. We will not reimburse the difference at any stage of your application process. Registrations will be blocked for any candidates who have not paid their fees on time or in full.
Candidates credit cards are not charged by ESICM until the validation process is complete. Note that some financial institutions may provisionally deduct the fee immediately upon entering the credit card data during registration, these funds are held by the individual bank – not ESICM, so any issues must be resolved by the candidate with their own bank.
Notice of withdrawal must be sent in writing to the EDIC Secretariat.
The examination fee, less administrative charges, will be refunded further to the following calendar:
1. If notice of withdrawal is received 12 weeks prior to the exam date, 75% of the fees will be reimbursed.
2. If notice of withdrawal is received 8 weeks prior to the exam date, 50% of the fees will be reimbursed.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received 4 weeks prior to the exam date, 25% of the fees will be reimbursed.
Refunds will not be given thereafter. Fees and registration cannot be transferred to the next examination.
ESICM will email invoices to candidates after approval of their applications for written and oral examinations. The invoices are also available in the EDIC Profile of each candidate.
21% Belgian VAT is applied to Belgian candidates only.