Renal Replacement Therapy in ICU _ State of the Art
Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: October 29-30, 2020
Format: e-Master Class
Master Class Directors:
Marlies OSTERMANN MD PhD, Intensive Care Medicine, Guy’s & St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom, Chair of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) section
Antoine SCHNEIDER MD PhD, Service de Médecine Intensive Adulte (SMIA), Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV), Lausanne, Switzerland, Deputy Chair of AKI section
Compliance: The event is compliant with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
Everything you have always wanted to know about RRT (but you were afraid to ask)!
Join us for a two-day interactive e-master class on RRT including live demonstrations, interactive case discussions and lectures. Learn how to deal with common practical issues, assemble a CRRT device, troubleshoot case scenarios, and interact with peers & specialists in a responsive and agile educational environment that overcomes social distancing barriers. Join us for this new virtual adventure!
Pre-course materials will be available for study in the online support classroom.
Key Reasons to attend
- Meet a high-level faculty
- Be part of a uniq training experience that blends theory with practice, academic with clinical
- Improve your daily practice and acquire new perspectives
- Share your experience and learn from peers and experts
- An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- To understand the principles of RRT in adult critically ill patients
- To understand and learn how to deal with commonly encountered issues during RRT
- Develop an interdisciplinary, problem based approach
- Indications for therapy
- Modalities (continuous vs intermittent including hybrid, hemodialysis vs hemofiltration)
- Therapy selection (starting, transitioning and stopping)
- Circuit setup (live demonstrations)
- Practical issues with vascular access, filter
- Common alarms management
- Choice of anticoagulation regimen
- How to combine CRRT and ECMO
- Quality indicators
- Challenges during CRRT
- Ethical aspects
Who should attend this master class?
- Intensivists, nephrologists and critical care nurses with a particular interest in RRT.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for three or more participants from the same medical centre. For group discount do NOT follow the standard registration procedure but contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Master Class Incentive
ESICM rewards your fidelity! If you have attended 5 or more master classes in Brussels during the past two years you can benefit from ONE free registration to any of the future master classes held at the ESICM Training Centre. Contact us here for further details: email@example.com
Our special thanks to
Social media: @ESICM #AKI #RRT