Dates: 22-23 October 2022
Format: on-site, at LIVES 2022 Paris
Max number of participants: 100
Leo HEUNKS MD, PhD Professor, Pneumologist-intensivist, Department of Intensive Care, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Lise PIQUILLOUD MD, Associate Physician, PD-MER, Intensive Medicine Service- BH 05, Lausanne, Switzerland; Deputy chair ARF section ESICM
This course provides participants with a unique, bench-to-bedside training experience that blends theory with practice, academic with clinical.
Complement this course with the homonymous practical workshops that you can book separately during the congress.
The Mechanical Ventilation, Paris, France, 22/10/2022-23/10/2022 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 12 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
- High interactivity with high-level faculty
- Be part of a unique, bench-to-bedside training experience that blends theory with practice, academic with clinical
- Improve your daily practice and acquire new perspectives on developing and research
- Review the respiratory physiology & understand the patient-ventilator interaction
- Comprehend and apply the principles of mechanical ventilation in ARDS, COPD & asthma patients
- Comprehend and apply the principles of noninvasive and invasive mechanical ventilation in patients with hypoxemic or hypercapnic respiratory failure (e.g. ARDS, COPD, asthma)
- Comprehend and apply principles of ventilator weaning
- Consolidate knowledge on the impact of mechanical ventilation on the lung, heart, respiratory muscles and other organs
- Non-invasive respiratory support and obstructive respiratory disease
- Fundamentals of invasive respiratory support
- Impact of MV on Lung and Non-Pulmonary Organs
- Advanced respiratory support in hypoxemic failure
- Ventilator weaning
- Junior intensivists seeking a thorough approach to state of the art care for noninvasively and invasively ventilated ICU patients
- Senior intensivists wanting a comprehensive refresher course