ICM research: Everything you need for a cracking start!
Location: Palais des Congrès de Paris (2 Place de la Porte Maillot, 75017 Paris, France)
Dates: October 20, 2018 (during LIVES 2018 in Paris)
Master Class Directors:
Stefan Schaller, senior physician intensive care, Department of Anaesthesiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar der TUM, Munich, Germany, NEXT Committee, ESICM
Burcin Halacli, Turkey; Ankara; (Intensivist, Consultant), NEXT and Research Committee member, ESICM
Endorsement: This Master Class is endorsed by NEXT, ESICM
For more information about registration, see the LIVES 2018 webpages.
Key Reasons to attend
- Get up-to-date on how to successfully carry out a research project, from design and implementation, to analysis and presentation/publication
- Participate in a highly interactive course
- Exchange best practice and network with leading experts and peers
- An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- Hypothesis, study design and target population
- The team, grant writing, sample size calculation
- Statistical analysis, randomisation strategies and alternatives, control groups, data collection and big data
- Where and how to present and publish, answering reviewers’ comments
- How ESICM and NEXT can help with your research
Who should attend this master class?
- This course gives a concise introduction of all major aspects on conducting successful research. Therefore, anyone interested in the scientific background of intensive care evidence-based medicine or a research career is welcome!
Social media: @ESICM #icuresearch