Sepsis and severe infections
Location: CityCube, Berlin, Germany
Dates: September 28-29, 2019 (during LIVES 2019 in Berlin)
Master Class Directors:
Ricard Ferrer Roca, MD, PhD, Servicio Medicina Intensiva, Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron, Barcelona, Spain; Chair Systemic Inflammation and Sepsis (SIS) Section, ESICM
Pedro Povoa, MD, PhD, Centro Hospitalar de Lisboa Ocidental – UCIP, Hospital São Francisco Xavier, Lisbon, Portugal; Chair Infection (INF) Section, ESICM
Endorsement: This Master Class is endorsed by the Infection and the Systemic Inflammation and Sepsis Sections, ESICM
For more information about registration, see the LIVES 2019 webpages.
For more information about programme, see the Preliminary Programme.
Key Reasons to attend
- Get up-to-date on management severe infections and septic shock
- Participate in a highly interactive course
- Exchange best practice and network with leading experts and peers
- An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- Overview of sepsis definitions and epidemiology
- The importance of early recognition and initial management of organ support
- Antibiotic therapy (PK/PD, de-escalation, stewardship) and source control
- The SSC one-hour bundle
- Adjunctive therapies
- Other issues of sepsis management (microbiota, long-term outcome
Who should attend this master class?
- This master class is designated for young trainees as well as senior intensive care physicians dealing with patients with severe infections and septic shock.
Social media: @ESICM #SIS #sepsis #INF #micro