Core Critical Care Ultrasound
Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Master Class Directors:
Laura GALARZA BARRACHINA, MD, Consultant Intensive Care Medicine at General University Hospital Castellón, Spain; Deputy Chair of the NEXT Committee
Adrian WONG, MD, Consultant Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthesia at Royal Surrey County Hospital, United Kingdom; Chairperson of the Editorial & Publishing Committee, Deputy Chairman of the Division of Professional Development, ESICM ex officio member of the Board of Editors of the journal Intensive Care Medicine and an ex officio member of the Executive Committee and Council.
Critical care ultrasound (CCUS) is an essential component of intensive care practice. Although existing international guidelines, few countries have managed to operationalize this guidance into an accessible, well-structured programme for clinicians. The primary criterion governing our master class is that all core competencies need to be of clinical value in the general intensive care setting.
The two-day training programme will offer our learners theoretical insights and hands-on activities which help acquire the CCUS competencies and transfer them to real-life situations.
Key Reasons to attend
- Up-to-date discussions on the topic
- Interactive lectures with lots of hands-on and clinical case workshops
- Excellent faculty to learner ratio
- Access to e-learning before and after the master class
- Opportunities to interact and share experiences among participants and with the team of international experts that will be facilitating the master class
- An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- A request will be made for compliance with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice
- The master class will be part of an educational pathway currently under development. Participants will be able to complete the pathway at a later stage and take all its components to improve their CCUS competencies
- Echocardiography: Describe, perform and interpret transthoracic cardiac ultrasound for the recognition and assessment of the common conditions and clinical syndromes
- Thoracic: Describe, perform and interpret thoracic and pleural ultrasound
- Abdominal: Describe, perform and interpret ultrasonographic assessment of the abdomen
- Combine these individual modalities for a holistic assessment of the critically unwell patient
- Focused ultrasound examination of the heart, lung and abdomen
- Hands-on scanning with expert faculty to consolidate learning
- Interactive case-based discussions, pathology quizzes and simulators
Who should attend this master class?
- Juniors physicians with an ICU background wishing to acquire or improve their core critical care ultrasound core competencies
- Senior intensivists seeking a refresher training programme in the field
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for three or more participants from the same medical centre. For group discount do NOT follow the standard registration procedure but contact directly email@example.com
Master Class Incentive
ESICM rewards your fidelity! If you have attended 5 or more master classes in Brussels during the past two years you can benefit from ONE free registration to any of the future master classes held at the ESICM Training Centre. Contact us here for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our special thanks to