Young Lecturer Award 2018 @LIVES2018
The Young Lecturer Award (YLA) has been formulated to showcase excellent examples of teaching among young intensive care professionals. It is a unique opportunity for intensive care professionals with an interest in education to demonstrate their skills and have their expertise recognised.
Who is eligible to apply for the YLA?
- Intensive Care professionals with a demonstrable interest in critical care education who are ESICM members and < 40 years
- Doctors who are specialising in intensive care medicine and have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience in intensive care
- Experience as nurse/AHP for a minimum of 2 years in intensive care
What is necessary for application?
Interested ESICM members should complete and submit the application form (link here) during the registration period.
Additionally, applicants are required to provide a CV (2 pages), letter of recommendation and a structured letter of motivation.
- Applicant has registered for conference (necessary pre-requisite to participate)
- Applicant is member of ESICM (necessary prerequisite to participate)
Six finalists will be selected on their CV, teaching experience, letters of recommendation and application form. They will be invited to give a 20 minute presentation at the LIVES 2018 NEXT Lounge on Monday or Tuesday in English. Interaction with the audience is encouraged.
The title of the presentation will be on the theme of “The most important lesson for a first year ICM professional”. The finalists are allowed to decide on their preferred topic and will be asked to design and deliver the presentation.
A laptop, projector and blackboard will be provided.
The jury will consist of ESICM NEXT Committee members, congress faculty members and trainees.
The winner will be announced at a presentation during the congress by the ESICM President and he/she will receive free registration for LIVES 2019.
Application and Competition
Complete and submit the application form: Click here
a. Applicants are asked to provide a brief CV (2 sides A4) delineating teaching/lecturing activities.
2. Letter of recommendation
a. A letter of recommendation is required from a senior member of the candidate’s institution.
3. Structured letter of motivation
a. What makes a good lecturer? (100 words)
b. Why should the ESICM award you with the young teaching award? (100 words)
4. Proposed topic
The six highest scoring candidates will be selected as finalists. The selection panel decision is final.