At LIVES 2023 in Milan, the innovative formats of on-site sessions and activities will facilitate networking and knowledge exchange with colleagues and friends.
The scientific programme will include an ample variety of formats: symposia, dynamic debates, case presentations, interactive lectures and case discussions and many more!
What can you expect at LIVES 2023?
Take part in in-depth discussions about complex problems/situations that clinicians address in their daily practice. Experts from various areas of intensive care medicine are invited to speak on a set topic, then the moderator and audience can join the debate.
Hot Topics Session
Session at the end of the congress devoted to the presentation of cutting-edge research on the cornerstones of Intensive Care Medicine to a very large audience.
Latest research from the ICM Journal
This session will discuss a series of papers recently published in the Intensive Care Medicine Journal and deep dive into their implication for clinical practice:
• Effects of an online information tool on post-traumatic stress disorder in relatives of intensive care unit patients (ICU-Families-Study)
• Propafenone versus amiodarone for supraventricular arrhythmias in septic shock
• Magnesium Sulphate in Patients with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (MAGMAT)
• Safety and Efficacy of Artesunate Treatment in Severely Injured Patients with Traumatic Hemorrhage. The TOP-ART Randomized Clinical Trial
• Interferon gamma-1b for the prevention of hospital-acquired pneumonia in critically ill patients
The place for young intensivists and ICM trainees to meet, mingle and enjoy a specially-designed parallel scientific programme.
Abstract presenters will have a brief discussion of their research, answering questions and comments by the moderators and the audience.