The abstract submission system closed on 24 April 2023, 12:00 pm (noon) CET. This abstract receipt deadline is firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract submitters received an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you didn't receive this e-mail, please contact the Abstract Department.
LIVES 2023 Abstract Awards
Ten Best Abstracts Awards
Presenters of the 10 best abstracts will receive an award including one free registration to LIVES 2024 (core congress).
Three N&AHP Abstract Awards
The N&AHP best abstract award includes:
- one free registration to LIVES 2024 (core congress) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1.000 Euro).
- two runners-up will receive free registrations to LIVES 2024 (core congress).
The submitted abstracts will be now examined anonymously by the ESICM Reviewers and Congress Committee. The authors will be informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by e-mail at the end of June 2023. All abstracts selected for presentation at the Congress will be presented either in the form of an oral or an e-poster presentation and will be published in the ICMx Journal.
1. Acute Kidney Injury and haemofiltration
2. Acute respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation
3. Haematologic-oncologic issues in the ICU
4. Cardiac arrest
5. Cardiovascular issues in ICU
6. Critical care organisation, quality management, information systems, outcomes
7. Imaging in intensive care
8. Infections and prevention
10. Metabolism, endocrinology, liver failure and nutrition
11. Neurointensive care
12. Nursing care and physiotherapy
14. Perioperative care
16. Sedation, analgesia and delirium
17. Systemic diseases
18. Transfusion and haemostasis disorders
20. Ethics and end of life care
21. Brain death, organ donation and transplantation
22. Data Science
23. Translational Medicine
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract at the session and the time decided by the Congress Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract for other than duly motivated reasons will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM Event.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- ESICM does not accept case reports.
- The authors agree that ESICM will record the presentation for subsequent use as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other international meeting and will not be published in any form other than abstract form prior to the ESICM Annual Congress.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.