Focus Session in ECLS/ECMO
Format: Pre-congress course, LIVES 2023 (Milan, Italy)
Dates: 21-22 October, 2023
Nicholas BARRETT MD Consultant in critical care, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Matthieu SCHMIDT MD PhD Service de Médecine Intensive Réanimation, Institut de Cardiologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitié-Salpêtrière, Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Endorsement: EuroELSO and ESICM
Welcome to the last level of ECLS/ECMO training: to Focus session.
The Focus session for 2023 will integrate topics such as ECMO-ventilator interactions in respiratory ECMO & unloading the left ventricle in peripheral cardiac ECMO brought to you by a panel of worldwide known EuroELSO & ESICM experts.
This focus session is part of a joint EuroELSO and ESICM learning programme to provide specialised training in extracorporeal techniques to healthcare professionals interested in the field. Certificates may be validated at EuroELSO on the path to the ELSO Adult ECMO Practitioner Certification (E-AEC).
An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event.
- Share best practice with high-level experts & peers
- Be part of a unique training experience that recalls proactively your previous knowledge and skills in field
- Deepen and broaden your competences in compliance with your profile and interest
- Understand ECMO-ventilator interactions in respiratory ECMO
- Explore strategies to unload the left ventricle in peripheral cardiac ECMO
- ECMO-ventilator interactions in respiratory ECMO
- Unloading the left ventricle in peripheral cardiac ECMO
- Senior intensivists wanting a comprehensive refresher course