Advanced Course in Intensive Care Echocardiography
Location: Palais des Congrès de Paris (2 Place de la Porte Maillot, 75017 Paris, France)
Dates: October 20-21, 2018 (during LIVES 2018 in Paris)
Course Director: Antoine Vieillard-Baron (Professeur, Head of ICM Department, Ambroise Paré Hospital, Boulogne-Billancourt, France)
Registration: More information on the LIVES 2018 webpages.
Delegates who register to the ESICM Advanced Course in Echocardiography AND to the LIVES 2018 core congress, will be automatically offered a free entrance at the TTE/TOE Simulation Centre on a first come, first served basis. The 90-minute time slots will take place either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday between 12:30 and 14:00.
Developed by the ESICM Division of Professional Development, the ESICM Advanced Course on IC Echocardiography is designed for intensivists who have achieved a basic level of education and training in the use of echocardiography in an intensive care setting and would like to obtain an advanced knowledge and certification of their competency (European Diploma in critical care EchoCardiography (EDEC)).
Participation in this course counts towards the minimum of 40 hours of advanced courses required before sitting the evaluation tests of the European Diploma in critical care EchoCardiography (EDEC).
Key Reasons to Attend
- This hands-on interactive course is led by international experts in echocardiography
- This course is a compulsory component of the 40 hours of advanced courses that are required before sitting the evaluation tests for EDEC
- Provides training in a spectrum of echocardiographic techniques and skills (image acquisition, image interpretation and clinical integration) that extend the competencies required for basic critical care echocardiography
- Relies on qualitative and quantitative assessment of cardiac structure and function with particular emphasis on haemodynamic monitoring and titration of care in the critically ill
Who should attend this course?
- Intensivists who have achieved a basic level of education and training in the use of echocardiography in an intensive care setting
- Specialists who would like to obtain an advanced knowledge and certification of their competency (European Diploma in critical care EchoCardiography (EDEC))
Further questions? Contact us at email@example.com