Format: Pre-congress course, LIVES 2024 (Barcelona, Spain)
Dates: 05-06 October 2024
Level 3. Advanced Master Course (integration and simulation) in Haemodynamics will integrate and simulate at advanced level a management plan for the patient with septic shock.
The programme will integrate digital innovation in the education dimension, induced by rapid and continuous changes caused by technological advances. To do so, participants will get immersed in realistic clinical scenarios through Virtual Reality, followed by discussions and interactive lecture capsules.
Haemodynamics Pathway Director:
Xavier MONNET MD, PhD, Professor of Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Bicêtre Hospital, Paris-Saclay University Hospitals, Paris, France; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Course Directors Level 3:
- Michelle CHEW MD, PhD, Professor Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Linköping University Hospital, Linköping, Sweden
- Xavier MONNET MD, PhD, Professor of Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Bicêtre Hospital, Paris-Saclay University Hospitals, Paris, France; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Endorsement: The Course is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
- To assess the predominant mechanism responsible for the shock state
- To evaluate appropriate investigations for the patient in shock with regard to
- Systemic and microcirculation
- Tissue oxygenation
- Fluid management and fluid resuscitation
- Appropriate hemodynamic monitoring
- Vasopressors, inotropes and adjunctive therapies
- To appraise indications and choice of hemodynamic monitoring
- To evaluate of the appropriate use of ultrasound in diagnosis, monitoring and ongoing management of shocked patients
- To integrate ultrasound findings with other clinical and haemodynamic findings
- To evaluate the appropriate use of advanced, invasive haemodynamic monitoring
- To integrate findings of advanced haemodynamic monitoring with clinical parameters and ultrasound
The programme will integrate and simulate the management plan for the patient with shock, with the following specific milestones:
- initial evaluation of haemodynamics in septic shock
- assessment of tissue oxygenation
- perform initial ultrasound assessment
- perform advanced haemodynamic monitoring
- evaluate the need for re-resuscitation
- evaluate and manage fluid overload
- evaluate heart-lung interactions during ARDS with echo
- evaluate and manage heart-lung interactions during ARDS in practice
- manage refractory septic shock
Participants should have at least a basic understanding of, and preferably clinical experience with, invasive arterial pressure monitoring and derived variables, transpulmonary thermodilution, continuous cardiac output monitoring by pulse contour analysis, pulmonary artery catheterization and critical care ultrasound.
- Intensivists who have completed Level 1 & 2
- Intensivists seeking a thorough approach in Haemodynamics
- Senior intensivists wanting an advanced level deep dive in specific topics of Haemodynamics
An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event.
Social media: @ESICM #haemodynamics