The abstract submission system closed on 23 April 2018. This abstract receipt deadline will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract submitters received an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you did not receive this e-mail, please contact the Abstract Department.
The submitted abstracts will be now examined anonymously by the ESICM Congress Committee. The authors will be informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by e-mail at the end of June 2018. All abstracts selected for presentation at the Congress will be either presented as oral or poster presentation and will be published in the relevant publications.
With more than 1567 abstracts submitted, the abstract review process for the annual congress was a complex one.
Once again, reviewers, who are top experts from a wide range of areas were tasked with ensuring the highest quality abstracts are selected and organised to create an interesting and varied cutting-edge scientific programme for LIVES 2018 in Paris.
ESICM recognises and appreciates the important contributions of these busy specialists who offer their expertise and time to ensure that the programme for LIVES 2018 will not only meet, but surpass the scientific heights of past congresses.
Thank You to this amazing group of intensive care professionals: LIVES 2018 Abstract Reviewers
LIVES 2018 Abstract Awards
Five Best Abstracts Awards
Presenters of the 5 best abstracts will receive an award including one free registration to LIVES 2019 (core congress and/or one master class) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1.000 Euro).
Six N&AHP Abstract Awards
The N&AHP best abstract award includes:
- one free registration to LIVES 2019 (core congress and/or one master class) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1.000 Euro).
- two free registrations to LIVES 2019 (core congress and/or one master class).
- three free registrations to LIVES 2019 (core congress and/or one master class) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1.000 Euro) supported by an unrestricted research grant from Nestlé.
One ISF Abstract Award
The ISF Abstract Award includes a free registration to LIVES 2019 (core congress and/or one master class) plus travel and accommodation (up to 500 Euro).
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract in the session and at the time decided upon by the Congress Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract, for other than duly motivated reasons, will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM Events.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived. The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered to the Congress.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- The authors agree that ESICM will publish abstracts in Intensive Care Medicine and record the presentation for subsequent use as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in other than abstract form prior to the ESICM Annual Congress.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented in e-poster form. A limited number of accepted abstracts will also be selected by the Scientific Committee for oral presentation. Instructions for e-poster and oral presentation will be sent to the corresponding authors after the review process.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.