The submitted abstracts have been examined anonymously by the ESICM Reviewers and ESICM Congress Committee. We thank the abstracts submitters and congratulate those selected. We also encourage the authors not selected to resubmit for the ESICM LIVES 2020 in Madrid.
We received 1395 abstracts. This year the quality of abstracts was very high but despite this we still had to reject 9% of the abstracts.
The authors have been informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by email on 14 June.
Presentation details will be sent beginning of August.
All abstracts selected for presentation at the Congress will be either presented as oral or e-poster presentation and will be published in the ICMx Journal.
The abstract submission system closed on 28 April 2019, 23:59 CET. This abstract receipt deadline will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract submitters have received an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you did not receive this e-mail, please contact the Abstract Department .
Once again, reviewers, who are top experts from a wide range of areas were tasked with ensuring the highest quality abstracts are selected and organised to create an interesting and varied cutting-edge scientific programme for LIVES 2019 in Berlin.
ESICM recognises and appreciates the important contributions of these busy specialists who offer their expertise and time to ensure that the programme for LIVES 2019 will not only meet, but surpass the scientific heights of past events.
Thank You to this amazing group of intensive care professionals: LIVES 2019 Abstract Reviewers
LIVES 2019 Abstract Awards
Five Best Abstract Awards
Presenters of the 5 best abstracts will receive an award, including one free registration to LIVES 2020 (core congress) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1,000 Euro).
Three N&AHP Best Abstract Awards
The N&AHP Best Abstract Awards include:
- one free registration to LIVES 2020 (core congress) plus travel and accommodation (up to 1,000 Euro).
- two runners-up will receive free registrations to LIVES 2020 (core congress).
One ISF Abstract Award
The ISF Abstract Award includes a free registration to LIVES 2020 (core congress) plus travel and accommodation (up to 500 Euro).
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract in the session and at the time decided upon by the Congress Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract, for other than duly motivated reasons, will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM Event.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- ESICM does not accept case reports.
- The authors agree that ESICM will publish abstracts in the ICMx Journal and record the presentation for subsequent use, as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures, as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in any form other than abstract form prior to the ESICM Annual Congress.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.