Learning from each other is more important than ever before. LIVES 40 offers multiple sessions and formats to learn new practices for clinical effectiveness, discuss informally with world-renowned Intensive care experts and share professional and social experiences with international peers. Advance your knowledge and career at LIVES 40!
Please note. LIVES 40 Madrid is a special event that does not replace ESICM's annual congress, LIVES 2022 Paris. There will be no publication in the ICMx Journal (no Abstract Book) for LIVES 40.
9 Educational Workshops
LIVES 40 will comprise below workshops and will be available upon pre-registration:
- *Renal Replacement Therapy in ICU (2 workshops - 40 participants per workshop)
- *Mechanical Ventilation (2 workshops - 40 participants per workshop)
- *Haemodynamic Monitoring (2 workshops - 40 participants per workshop)
- *ECMO (2 workshops - 30 participants per workshop)
- Airway Management in the Critically Ill (1 workshop - 50 participants)
*These hands-on workshops are complementary to our homonymous Master Classes.
Please note: Registration for the conference is a prerequisite for signing up for the workshops. Seats are limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. You can only register for 1 workshop during the conference.
2 Case-Based Fundamentals on Sepsis & Infection
Fundamental concepts of intensive care explained in English and Spanish by top experts on real cases and MCQs.
- Review the current knowledge of the epidemiology and pathophysiology of infections, recognition, source identification and initial treatment (antibiotics, organ support and fluid therapy)
- Employ antibiotic stewardship: PKPD of antibiotics, biomarkers, duration and de-escalation of antibiotic therapy as well as preventive strategies
- Diagnose and manage septic shock
Seats will be limited! These sessions can only host up to 100 participants per CBF!
The Case-Based Fundamentals are included in the conference's fees.
2 Breakfasts Meet the Experts
Do you have a burning question for our profession’s leading experts and best-known speakers? Join us for this 60-min experts’ breakfast on End-of-Life Care and Sepsis & Severe Infections.
Seats will be limited! These sessions can only host up to 30 participants per breakfast and will be available upon pre-registration! You can only register for 1 breakfast during the conference.