Together we are Intensive Care
With over 9,000 physicians, nurses and allied healthcare professionals from over 100 countries, ESICM truly represents the global intensive care community.
We pride ourselves on supporting you every step of your career path: from networking and mentoring, to educational tools and resources, leadership opportunities and access to the latest scientific resources to further your career.
Through ESICM, you will play a role in advancing the future of intensive care and patient outcomes – join the community!
RESOURCES FOR YOUR CLINICAL PRACTICE
- Annual subscription to the ICM journal*
- AppIC: Dedicated App for Nurses
- Airspace WebApp: your antimicrobial compendium
- Scientific sessions from past conferences
*Includes online monthly subscription; the printed edition is available for an additional fee.
- Free access to the ESICM Academy, including:
- 92 self-paced ACE Courses
- Exam preparation courses
- Master classes material
- Educational pathways
- Apply for research grants
- Collaborate on international trials
- Fellowships for young intensivists
- Free educational pathways
- Get involved in the organisation of the ESICM’s activities, including the live conferences
- Join dedicated Sections based on your interest areas
- Nominate, vote and stand for ESICM officers’ roles
- Mentoring pairings that benefit mentees and mentors
- Reduced fees for the ESICM conferences
- Reduced fees for ESICM Master Classes
- Reduced fees for the EDIC and EDEC diplomas
- 40% discount on article processing charges for ICMx**
- 25% discount on the list price of ‘Lessons from the ICU’, an ESICM Series of monothematic volumes providing an overview of thematic issues in Intensive Care
**Contact email@example.com to get your ICMx discount access code
An individual who has notably served on behalf of the Society or a member who has made a major or long-term contribution to ESICM or the specialty of intensive care medicine may be elected as an Honorary Member by the Executive Committee.
Rights and Privileges
ESICM Members, ESICM Members in Training and Honorary Members may participate in the business and scientific meetings of the Association. They may vote. ESICM Members and Members in Training are eligible to stand for a position within the society.
ESICM Members residing outside of Europe may participate in the business and scientific meetings of the society. They may vote and are eligible to represent the International members.
Associate members may participate in the business and scientific meetings of the society. They may also vote and are eligible to stand for a position within ESICM’s Nurse and Allied Healthcare Professional Committee.
Membership benefits are described in the SOPs.