4 areas have been developped in our Simulation Centre (TEE, ECMO, DAM & mechanical ventilation). 12 Postgraduate courses have been organised.
The submitted abstracts have been examined anonymously by the ESICM Reviewers and ESICM Congress Committee. We thank the abstracts submitters and congratulate those selected. We also encourage the authors not selected to resubmit for the ESICM LIVES 2018 in Paris.
1179 abstracts have been submitted electronically. Out of these 1179 abstracts, 1085 have been accepted! It means 8% of rejection.
The authors have been informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by email on 24 May 2017. Presentation details have been sent by email on 4 July 2017.
Guidelines Oral Presentations
There are 5 Abstracts Awards selected (n°0400, 0401, 0402, 0403 & 0404) by the jury and will be presented in our Abstract Award Winning Session during the Congress on Tuesday 26 September at 09:40-11:00 in room Vienna.
There are also 3 Abstracts Awards selected (n°0046, 0047 & 0048) by the jury and will be presented in our N&AHP Abstract Awards & Networking during the Congress on Tuesday 26 September at 16:45-18:15 in room Paris.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered to the Congress.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract in the session and at the time decided upon by the Congress Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract, for other than duly motivated reasons, will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM Congress.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- ESICM does not accept case reports.
- The authors agree that ESICM will publish abstracts in Intensive Care Medicine and record the presentation for subsequent use as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in other than abstract form prior to the ESICM Annual Congress.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.