Critical Care Rehabilitation
This new initiative is a blended learning programme consisting of a series of six webinars followed by a workshop on practical application of principles, to be held during LIVES 2019 (Berlin, Germany).
Designed for: Intensive Care Nurses, Physiotherapists and other Allied Health Professionals (N&AHPs)
Each webinar lasts one hour and can be accessed live, or watched at a time to suit you via the ESICM Academy Platform.
A short evaluation test including multiple-choice questions will be made available after each webinar.
The 25 top-scoring N&AHPs in the continuous assessment of this programme will be rewarded free entrance to LIVES 2019, plus reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs of up to €400, to facilitate their participation to the workshop.
Register now! Completely free of charge!
The webinars will cover the following topics:
- Background of the problem: This session will discuss the negative impact of critical illness and ICU-AW, including both physical and non-physical outcomes in the short and long term.
- The evidence for early rehabilitation: A review of the current evidence base for rehabilitation, current prevalence and barriers to implementation.
- Practicalities of commencing and progressing rehabilitation: This session will explore safety criteria for commencing rehabilitation, including the physiological response to exercise and choosing the right intensity.
- Overcoming Challenges: The impact of sedation and delirium. This session will also consider rehabilitation challenges in other populations such as bariatric patients and those with neurological injury.
- Psychological rehabilitation after ICU: How should we address the long-term psychological consequences of critical illness.
- Physical Rehabilitation after ICU: How should we address the long-term physical consequences of critical illness.
To encourage maximum learning and reinforce the knowledge acquired, the series of webinars will end with a workshop with practical activities and hands-on sessions, to be held during LIVES 2019 (Berlin, Germany).
Inter professional speakers and moderators, experts in the field, according to best evidence coupled with clinical experience and expertise.
Time and date
Webinars are scheduled as follows:
- March 05, 2019 Background of the Problem (17:00 h Central European Time)
- March 26, 2019 The Evidence for Early Rehabilitation (16:00 h Central European Time)
- April 16, 2019 Practicalities of Commencing and Progressing Rehabilitation (16:00 h Central European Summer Time)
- May 07, 2019 Overcoming Challenges (16:00 h Central European Summer Time)
- May 28, 2019 Psychological Rehabilitation after ICU (16:00 h Central European Summer Time)
- June 18, 2019 Physical Rehabilitation after ICU (16:00 h Central European Summer Time)
The N&AHP representative group, ESICM
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media: @ESICM