ESICM Advanced Course
The mandatory ESICM advanced course should be undertaken within the first 12 months after initiation of the accreditation process and counts for 12 points towards the minimum of 40 points of advanced courses required before sitting the evaluation tests.
Location: Palais des Congrès de Paris (2 Place de la Porte Maillot, 75017 Paris, France)
Dates: October 20-21, 2018 (during LIVES 2018 in Paris)
Course Director: Antoine Vieillard-Baron (Professeur, Head of ICM Department, Ambroise Paré Hospital, Boulogne-Billancourt, France)
ESICM Clinical Course
The course gives the opportunity to interact with ICU doctors performing live echo exams at the bedside of their patients and to discuss the different ways to improve the clinical situation of the patients.
Registration for the one-day Clinical Course is included in the initial EDEC fees. Candidates are invited to contact the EDEC secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign in to the forthcoming event.
The course counts for 4 points towards the minimum of 40 points of advanced courses.
Location: ESICM Training Centre, Brussels
Course Director: Daniel DE BACKER (Prof., Head of ICM, CHIREC, Braine-l’Alleud, Belgium)
The EDEC Working Group is keen to endorse the following advanced courses:
- Echocardiography for Haemodynamic Monitoring – Brussels, organised by ISICEM
- Pre-symposium course on Echocardiography in the ICU – Advanced – Brussels, organised by ISICEM
- ACCP Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography – Glenview, USA
- Advanced Echocardiography Forum-Leura, Australia
- Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography Course – Melbourne, Australia
- Curso de Ecocardiografia Básica y Ecografía avanzada en Urgencias, Cuidados Intensivos, Reanimación y Quirófano – Barcelona, Spain (Vall d’Hebron Hospital)
- 2-day Critical Care Echo course at St Georges Hospital, London
Each course counts for 6 points towards the minimum of 40 points of advanced courses.