DEADLINE: The abstract submission system will close on 2 February 2018, 23:59 CET. This abstract receipt deadline will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract submitters will receive an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you do not receive this e-mail, please contact us by email.
The Conference Committee of ESICM LIVES Forum 2018 welcomes the submission of abstracts of original contribution to the field.
Instructions for Abstract Preparation
Please read the instructions carefully before starting to submit your abstract. All abstracts must be submitted in English and must be submitted electronically. Therefore, no paper abstracts will be accepted. Abstracts not prepared correctly will not be considered for reviewing.
To ensure that the Abstract Submission System will work properly, the pop-up blocker of your internet browser needs to be turned off and cookies should be enabled. Abstract authors should not split data to create several abstracts from one data set. If splitting is deemed to have occurred, scores of related abstracts may be reduced or abstracts simply rejected.
The submitted abstracts will be examined anonymously by the ESICM LIVES Forum Committee. The authors will be informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by e-mail beginning of April 2018. All abstracts selected for presentation at the Conference will be either presented as oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Acute respiratory failure monitoring
- Mechanical ventilation monitoring
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and should not exceed 3000 characters.
- Images and tables may be included in the abstract.
- Do not submit abstracts reporting data already published.
- Abstracts should be as informative as possible and should adequately be ordered in the following structure:
- GRANT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- All accepted abstracts will be presented in e-poster form. A limited number of accepted abstracts will also be selected by the Scientific Committee for oral presentation. Instructions for e-poster and oral presentation will be sent to the corresponding authors after the review process.
- Preference will be given to new and/or ongoing work.
- Abstracts are to be submitted using the online Abstract Submission System only. ESICM LIVES Forum does not accept submission of abstracts by mail, fax or email
- Abstracts should not contain proprietary or confidential information.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered to the Conference.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract in the session and at the time decided upon by the Conference Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract, for other than duly motivated reasons, will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM LIVES Forum.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- ESICM LIVES Forum does not accept case reports.
- The authors agree that ESICM LIVES Forum will record the presentation for subsequent use as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures as set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
- Submitting an abstract also certifies that at the time of submission, the scientific material found within the abstract has not been presented at any other meeting and will not be published in other than abstract form prior to the ESICM LIVES Forum.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.
Scientific Programme & CME Accreditation
This conference aims to embrace the different monitoring options available to patients undergoing mechanical ventilation in different clinical scenarios, from the acute to the weaning phase.
LIVES Forum Committee
ESICM: Massimo Antonelli / Giacomo Bellani / Maurizio Cecconi / Claude Guérin
LOCAL: Laurent Brochard / Ricard Ferrer Roca / Oscar Peñuelas Rodriguez
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD: Jordi Mancebo Cortes / Tommaso Mauri
- Preliminary Programme as of 18/01/2018 (subject to change)
- Faculty List as of 23/11/201 (subject to change)
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Forms of the Organising/Scientific Committee
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Forms of the Faculty
An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event !
The following workshop (5 hands-on sessions rotations) will be held on Friday 4 May 2018 between 16:30-19:00.
- Pes with Lu Chen & Daniel Talmor as instructors
- Chest electrical impedance tomography with Tommaso Mauri & Claude Guérin as instructors
- Respiratory mechanics with Gemma Rialp Cervera & Fernando Suárez Sipmann as instructors
- Asynchronies with Leo Heunks and Lluis Blanch as instructors
- Diaphragm ultrasound with Giacomo Bellani & Ramón Nogué Bou as instructors
Please note that registration is mandatory.
Places are limited to 50 participants issued on a “first come - first served” basis.