DEADLINE: The abstract submission system will close on 7 February 2022, at 23:59 CET. This abstract receipt deadline will remain firm, and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract submitters will receive an e-mail confirmation immediately after submitting their abstract. If you do not receive this e-mail, please contact the Abstract Department.
The Conference Committee of EuroAsia 2022 welcomes the submission of abstracts of original contribution to the field.
EuroAsia 2022 Abstract Awards
Five Best Abstracts Awards
Presenters of the 5 best abstracts will receive free registration for one of our forthcoming ESICM events (LIVES Forum Athens 2022 or LIVES Paris 2022 or one e-Master Class).
Instructions for Abstract Preparation
Please read the instructions carefully before starting to submit your abstract. All abstracts must be submitted in English and must be submitted electronically. Therefore, no paper abstracts will be accepted. Abstracts not prepared correctly will not be considered for review.
Abstract authors should not split data to create several abstracts from one data set. If splitting is deemed to have occurred, scores of related abstracts may be reduced, or the abstracts might be simply rejected.
The submitted abstracts will be examined anonymously by the ESICM Conference Committee. The authors will be informed of acceptance/rejection of their abstract by e-mail. All abstracts selected for presentation at the Conference will be either presented as oral or e-poster presentations. There will be NO publication in the ICMx Journal (= NO Abstract Book).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and should not exceed 3,000 characters, including spaces (abstract title, list of authors and references not included in this count).
- Images and tables may be included in the abstract.
- Do not submit abstracts reporting data already published.
- Abstracts should be as informative as possible.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented in the e-poster form. The Scientific Committee will also select a limited number of accepted abstracts for oral presentation. Instructions for e-poster will be sent to the corresponding authors after the review process.
- Preference will be given to new and/or ongoing work.
- Abstracts are to be submitted using the online Abstract Submission System only. ESICM does not accept submission of abstracts by mail, fax or e-mail.
- Abstracts should not contain proprietary or confidential information.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered for the Conference.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
1.1. Acute Kidney Injury clinical studies
1.2. Acute Kidney Injury experimental studies
1.3. Acute Kidney Injury monitoring
2.2. Acute Respiratory Failure experimental studies
2.3. Acute Respiratory Failure monitoring
2.4. Artificial airways and complications
2.5. Mechanical Ventilation clinical studies
2.6. Mechanical Ventilation experimental studies
2.7. Mechanical Ventilation monitoring
2.8. Non-invasive Ventilation
4.1. Cardiac arrest clinical studies
4.2. Cardiac arrest experimental studies
5.1. Cardiovascular clinical studies
5.2. Cardiovascular experimental studies
5.3. Cardiovascular monitoring
6.1. Critical care organisation, quality management and cost issues
6.2. Critical care outcomes
6.3. Critical care severity-of-disease scoring systems
10.1. Sepsis clinical studies
10.2. Sepsis experimental studies
10.3. Sepsis monitoring
11.1. Metabolism, endocrinology and nutrition clinical studies
11.2. Metabolism, endocrinology and nutrition experimental studies
11.3. Metabolism, endocrinology and nutrition monitoring
11.4. Liver failure
12.1. Neurointensive clinical studies
12.2. Neurointensive care experimental studies
12.3. Neurointensive care monitoring
15.1. Perioperative clinical studies
15.2. Perioperative monitoring
17.1. Sedation, analgesia and delirium: clinical studies
17.2. Sedation, analgesia and delirium: experimental studies
20.1. Trauma clinical studies
20.2. Trauma experimental studies
21.1. Ethics and end of life care
21.2. Brain death, organ donation and transplantation
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract at the session and the time decided by the Conference Committee. One of the co-authors can take over if needed. Failure to present the abstract for other than duly motivated reasons will lead to rejection of abstract submission at the next ESICM Event.
- Registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
- It is the authors' responsibility to submit abstracts in perfect order with no errors in spelling and grammar. Abstracts will not be corrected.
- ESICM does not accept case reports.
- The authors agree that ESICM will record the presentation for subsequent use as it deems appropriate.
- The signing author certifies that any work with human or animal subjects related in this abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures set forth in the Declaration of Helsinki and related publications.
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the automatic rejection of the abstract.