The Art of Trauma Care
Format: Virtual (fully booked)
Dates: March 18-19, 2021
Master Class Director: Jacques Duranteau, Professor in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care and Head of the Neurosurgical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit of Bicêtre Hospital University, Paris, France, Chair Communication Committee & Deputy Chairman of the Division of Professional Development, ESICM.
Accreditation: The e-Master Class in the Art of Trauma Care, Brussels, Belgium, 18/03/2021-19/03/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) for a maximum of 9 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
Endorsement: The Art of Trauma Care Master Class is endorsed by Trauma and Emergency Medicine (TEM) Section, ESICM.
- Meet a multidisciplinary panel of international experts
- Be part of a unique master class consisting of clinical scenarios, simulations and intercative exercises on trauma care from ground zero to OR and ICU
- Share your experience and learn from peers and experts
- To review the principles of surgical and resuscitation damage control strategy (DCS)
- To understand how to secure the airway in an unstable trauma patient
- To learn the principles of early shock resuscitation and haemorrhage control
- To recognise the immunologic response to severe trauma
- To describe the management of penetrating trauma
- To analyse the DCS principles in different traumatic injuries
- Basic concepts including definition and principles of surgical and resuscitation DCS
- Securing airways in unstable trauma patient
- Early shock resuscitation: fluids, vasopressors and transfusion strategies
- Haemorrhage control: operation room or angiography suite
- Immunologic response to severe trauma
- Management of penetrating trauma
- Severe abdominal & pelvic trauma
- Severe thoracic trauma
- Severe traumatic brain injury
Who should attend this master class?
- Junior & senior physicians and nurses with a special interest in trauma.
Social media: @ESICM #trauma
Highlights from the 2021 edition
Despite the uncertain context, the third edition of The Art of Trauma Care Master Class has just wrapped up, this time virtually! A total of 10 experts and 69 participants from 22 countries engaged in interactive activities and case-based discussions.
Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Great course! Totally worth it! Learned a lot! Many thanks to all!
- Exceptional Master Class, great faculty, superb organisation!
- Thank you very much for an excellent Master Class again. I learned a lot about trauma management with top experts!
- Great course and grateful for the online platform as it would have been very hard to travel
Highlights from the 2019 edition
The 2nd edition of The Art of Trauma Care Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 13 experts and 50 participants from 17 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- It was highly educational and fun at the same time. Experts were very enthusiastic.
- Share knowledge and discuss very interesting topics with European experts – bring knowledge from a local to a international level
- Workshops, very good feedback from experts and a friendly attitude
- Friendly environment, hands-on workshops, not too much theoretical presentations
- One of the few events I have been to where organizers were able to stick to the schedule very punctually.
Highlights from the 2018 edition
The 1st edition of The Art of Trauma Care Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 13 experts and 51 participants from 17 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Great pedagogic strategy! Thank you for breaking the rules 🙂 Clinical case scenarios where very useful, the brainstorming, teambuilding and decision-making training were the best of it.
- We are already putting up some new organisation in my ER, applying some pieces of advice we got from the sessions.
- Practical approach, well explained modules, very good scenarios.
- No negative aspects. Maybe more time in the simulation