The Art of Trauma Care
Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: November 19-20, 2019
Master Class Director: Jacques Duranteau, Professor in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care and Head of the Neurosurgical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit of Bicêtre Hospital University, Paris, France, Chair Communication Committee & Deputy Chairman of the Division of Professional Development, ESICM.
Endorsement: The Art of Trauma Care Master Class is endorsed by Trauma and Emergency Medicine (TEM) Section, ESICM.
Save the Date! Registrations will open by the end of April 2019.
- Meet a multidisciplinary panel of international experts
- Be part of a unique master class consisting of clinical scenarios, simulations and process mapping exercises on trauma care from ground zero to OR and ICU
- Share your experience and learn from peers and experts
- To review the principles of surgical and resuscitation damage control strategy (DCS)
- To understand how to secure the airway in an unstable trauma patient
- To learn the principles of early shock resuscitation and haemorrhage control
- To recognise the immunologic response to severe trauma
- To describe the management of penetrating trauma
- To analyse and apply the DCS principles in different traumatic injuries
- Basic concepts including definition and principles of surgical and resuscitation DCS
- Securing airways in unstable trauma patient
- Early shock resuscitation: fluids, vasopressors and transfusion strategies
- Haemorrhage control: operation room or angiography suite
- Immunologic response to severe trauma
- Management of penetrating trauma
- Severe abdominal & pelvic trauma
- Severe thoracic trauma
- Severe traumatic brain injury
Who should attend this master class?
- Junior & senior physicians and nurses with a special interest in trauma.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same centre. For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media: @ESICM #trauma
Highlights from the 2018 edition
The 1st edition of The Art of Trauma Care Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 13 experts and 51 participants from 17 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Great pedagogic strategy! Thank you for breaking the rules 🙂 Clinical case scenarios where very useful, the brainstorming, teambuilding and decision-making training were the best of it.
- We are already putting up some new organisation in my ER, applying some pieces of advice we got from the sessions.
- Practical approach, well explained modules, very good scenarios.
- No negative aspects. Maybe more time in the simulation