Provision of Training on Intensive Care Medicine Skills for Health Professionals Not Regularly Working on Intensive Care Units
COVID-19 Skills Preparation Course
The C19SPACE_VRE App is now available in all the languages of the European Union both in Apple Store and Play Store
Please watch the video-tutorial available below and read carefully the instruction manual that includes the validation code required to access the C19SPACE_VR application.
We have been notified that some Android users cannot access the C19SPACE_VR App in Play Store. In case you encounter difficulties in accessing and downloading the App correctly, we offer you the alternative below.
- Click on the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/856sxyqdfe0ozju/AABf-djR7rEi9AV367WplcBta?dl=0
- When prompted, grant permissions to install the App from “unknown sources”
- The app will install
- Open the App and download it
- After a pause (especially with old smartphones) proceed to doing the experience.
General recommendations for the best VRE learning experience:
- Download the App in advance and not on the day of the local training. By doing so you depend less on the WIFI connection of the training establishment and avoid overheating of the smartphone.
- Ensure that there is enough space available on the smartphone. Be aware that aware the download is large, takes time and quite a bit of space.
- Ensure that the phone software is correctly updated
- Disable sleep mode
- Ensure that the phone is fully charged on the day of the local event
- Switch off Bluetooth
- Reduce screen brightness
- Close other apps running at the same time
- Do NOT charge the smartphone while running the VRE app
- Stay connected to WIFI until the VRE is complete and you receive the performance report
Make the established breaks:
- – ICU Tour
- – Exploration Tour
- – Master Case 1 – Admission and Line -Up
- – Master Case 1 – Daily Routine
- – Master Case 1- Troubleshooting ventilation
- – Master Case 1 – Troubleshooting hemodynamic
- – Master Case 2 – Daily Routine
- – Master Case 2 – Troubleshooting ventilation
The C19SPACE_VR app stores the last viewed video. If the app closes or you turn off your phone, next time when you go back to the app, you can continue from where you stopped. You can also do the VRE later at your own pace again.
If the C19SPACE_VR App doesn’t open or doesn’t work properly
- This may happen because your smartphone is not powerful enough to run the experience. The next App update will be soon available with optimized use of the smarthphone Central Proceesing Unit as well as downgraded videos which will increase accessibility to the VRE App.
- However, please note that there is a vast diversity of smartphones on the market. To access the C19SPACE_VR App we recommend smartphones not older than 3 or 4 years at most.
- If your smartphone is not able to run the experience, you can still do it through the VRE web version available soon in the ESICM Academy.