ALIVE, the ESICM Fund
- To support patient care across the globe
- To create international cooperation on education and health management in Intensive Care Medicine
- To transfer knowledge by developing educational and training initiatives that will contribute to the improvement of conditions and outcome of critically ill patients in Low and Middle Income Countries (both in the number & quality of lives saved)
- Education of Health Care Workers in Intensive Care Medicine
- Training & Teaching Doctors and ICU Staff
- Transferring Knowledge
- Donating medical devices & equipment to ICUs
- Patients and Families
- Clinical Research Projects
- Healthcare & Welfare
- Conditions and Outcome of critically ill patients
- Quality of lives
- Social, Scientific & Cultural Innovation in countries of Low & Middle Income
In collaboration with the ESICM Global Intensive Care Transversal Working Group, led by Mervyn Mer, the first project offers a focused theoretical and practical training course: Sepsis Prevention and Management Course in Low- and Lower-Middle Income Countries.
A unique, focused training course developed to improve knowledge of Health Care Workers in LMICs of sepsis & global infections, comprising:
- Current concepts
- Important principles & practical aspects
- Improve patient care & outcomes
- Emphasis on clinical aspects
- Potential research elements/new guidelines/database
- Potential Global Roll-out
- Sepsis is one of the most frequent causes of death an estimated 6 million sepsis-related deaths per year the highest burden in LMICs
- The majority of deaths from acute infectious diseases and sepsis occur in LMICs
- Resources to treat sepsis and increase education about sepsis are lowest in these areas of the Worldeducation@esicm.org
|Young Intensivists, Physicians and Nurses, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Industry Partners, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Low- and Lower-Middle-Income countries (LMIC), WE CAN HELP THEM!