ALIVE, the ESICM Fund
- To create international cooperation on education and health management in Intensive Care Medicine
- To support educational and training initiatives that will contribute to the improvement of conditions and outcome of critically ill patients in Low and Middle Income Countries (both in number & quality of lives saved)
- Education of Health Care Workers in Intensive Care Medicine
- Training & Teaching Doctors and ICU Staff
- Transferring Knowledge
- Donating medical devices & equipment to ICUs
- Patients and Families
- Clinical Research Projects
- Healthcare & Welfare
- Conditions and Outcome of critically ill patients
- Quality of lives
- Social, Scientific & Cultural Innovation in countries of Low & Middle Income
In collaboration with the ESICM Global Intensive Care Transversal Working Group, led by Mervyn Mer, the first project offers a focused theoretical and practical training course: Sepsis Prevention and Management Course in Low- and Lower-Middle Income Countries.
A unique, focused training course developed to improve knowledge of Health Care Workers in LMICs of sepsis & global infections, comprising:
- Current concepts
- Important principles & practical aspects
- Improve patient care & outcomes
- Emphasis on clinical aspects
- Potential research elements/new guidelines/database
- Potential Global Roll-out
- Sepsis is one of the most frequent causes of death an estimated 6 million sepsis-related deaths per year the highest burden in LMICs
- The majority of deaths from acute infectious diseases and sepsis occur in LMICs
- Resources to treat sepsis and increase education about sepsis are lowest in these areas of the Worldeducation@esicm.org
|Young Intensivists, Physicians and Nurses, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Industry Partners, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Low- and Lower-Middle-Income countries (LMICs), WE CAN HELP THEM!