Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) remains one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients despite advancements in the field. Mechanical ventilatory strategies are a vital component of ARDS management to prevent secondary lung injury and improve patient outcomes.
This webinar will review evidence-based mechanical ventilatory strategies and ventilatory adjuncts for ARDS.
- Understand the spectrum of ARDS.
- The implications of spontaneous breathing in ARDS.
- Lessons from COVID-19 regarding spontaneous breathing in hypoxic respiratory failure.
- Review the evidence of mechanical power in ARDS.
- How to compute mechanical power at the bedside.
Topics & Experts
“Mechanical Power to stratify patients with ARDS”
Prof Davide CHIUMELLO
ASST Santi Paolo e Carlo, Milan (IT).
“Are non-intubated hypoxemic patients having ARDS?”
Prof Daniel TALMOR
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (USA).
Prof Audrey DE JONG
Saint Eloi Montpellier University Hospital (FR).
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant by