The “Humanising Critical Care Webinar Series” is an educational initiative focusing on how healthcare professionals can provide evidence-based, person-centred care in their daily practice to improve patient outcomes and experiences.
This last session will help you understand the nature and aetiology of swallowing and communication difficulties in ICU, their impact on the patient and the benefits of early Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) intervention for humanising care.
After each webinar, you will be able to test your knowledge on the Educational Initiatives platform with 5 to 10 multiple-choice questions. The 20 best-scoring participants will receive free entry to any of the e-Courses ESICM offers in 2023 or 2024.
- 14 March ~ Sedation and opioid weaning: why ‘awake and aware’ and its challenges
- 25 April ~ Early rehabilitation: how to dose early mobilisation?
- 31 May ~ ICU diaries: how to keep a diary?
- 28 June ~ Humanising the ICU environment: What matters to patients and loved ones?
Webinar 5 Learning Objectives
- Understand the nature and aetiology of swallowing and communication difficulties in ICU and their impact on the patient.
- Understand the red flags for swallowing and communication difficulties.
- Understand the methods and benefits of early Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) intervention for humanising care.
Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester (UK)
University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust, Coventry (UK).