Replay available on the Academy
This series of 5 live webinars, starting March 14 aims to provide an overview of the importance of humanisation in critical care, and how healthcare professionals can provide evidence-based, person-centred care in their daily practice to improve patient outcomes and experiences.
After each webinar, you will be able to test your knowledge on the Educational Initiatives platform with 5 to 10 multiple-choice questions. The 20 best-scoring participants will receive free entry to any of the e-Courses ESICM offers in 2023 or 2024.
In this second session, you will learn more about early rehabilitation in critical care and its impact on patient outcomes and experiences.
- 25 April ~ Early rehabilitation: how to dose early mobilisation?
- 31 May ~ Humanising the ICU environment: What matters to patients and loved ones?
- 28 June ~ ICU Diaries: how to keep a diary?
- 12 July ~ Swallowing and communication: the way to a patient’s heart?
Webinar 2 Learning Objectives
- Comprehend the concept of early rehabilitation in critical care and its impact on patient outcomes and experiences.
- Understand the principles of dosing and how to determine the appropriate type, intensity, and frequency of interventions.
- Develop skills in creating and implementing individualized rehabilitation plans for critically ill patients based on their condition and response to treatment.
Department of Physiotherapy, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital (CH). ESICM N&AHP committee elected member.
Institute for General Medicine, University Hospital of Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel (DE).