Palliative and end-of-life approaches in the ICU, and respiratory support unit
We are delighted to announce this joint free webinar, which will tackle different aspects of end-of-life care.
For ‘terminal’ patients not admitted to the ICU, the palliation of ARF symptoms should be one of the “must” for physicians facing the dilemma of end-of-life decisions. In the ICUs, interprofessional teams can decide to forgo life-sustaining therapies.
The overall incidence of these practices varies widely from centre to centre. As a result, meeting the needs of patients and their families has become a significant challenge.
Upon attendance of this webinar, you will understand more about:
• the goal of non-invasive ventilation (NIV) as a palliative tool
• the indications and contra-indications of NIV
• the variability in end-of-life decision across ICUs
• improving communication skills with both patients and family members
• involving the interprofessional team as a quality indicator for optimal decision-making.
Prof Stefano NAVA ~ Palliative non-invasive ventilation
Associate Editor, European Respiratory Review
Prof Élie Azoulay ~ Decision-making at the end of life
Prof Anita SIMONDS. Past President, ERS
Prof Maurizio CECCONI. President, ESICM
Thanks to the collaboration of