Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: February 26-27, 2019
Master Class Directors:
Maurizio Cecconi MD FRCA FFICM MD(Res), Head of Department Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Units, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Humanitas University, Milan, Italy; President Elect, ESICM
Thomas W.L. Scheeren MD, PhD, University Medical Centre Groningen, Department of Anaesthesiology, Groningen, The Netherlands; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
Compliance: Event compliant with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice
Master Class FULLY BOOKED
- Build upon your basic knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies, and seize the opportunity to learn to use different devices which best fit the needs of your patients.
- An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Refresher on cardiovascular physiology of the systemic and pulmonary circulation
- Arterial blood pressure curve pathophysiology
- Assessing and using cardiac output
- Recognise shock
- Estimate patient`s oxygen needs
- Meaning of static and functional haemodynamic variables
- Getting the picture together: Improving organ perfusion
- Case Based Discussions:
– Sepsis, pneumonia, ARDS
– Post-operative instability
– Acute heart failure, pulmonary hypertension
Who should attend this master class?
- This master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same medical centre. For more details contact directly email@example.com
- Thanks to the unrestricted educational grant from Edwards Lifesciences, we will offer 10 free registrations plus travel & accommodation support for 10 participants. If you are interested and you are a junior and/or a participant from low and middle income countries (see below), you may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications shall be submitted by December 15 the latest. Selection process will close on December 20, and grant beneficiaries will be notified by email.
- For more information see the World Bank list of economies available here
- Do you want to further boost your knowledge & skills in Haemodynamic Monitoring? Apply for a Fellowship in Best Practices in Advanced Haemodynamic Monitoring here
Social media: @ESICM #haemo