Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: Dates for 2020 to be announced shortly
Maurizio Cecconi MD FRCA FFICM MD(Res), Head of Department Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Units, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Humanitas University, Milan, Italy; President Elect, ESICM
Thomas W.L. Scheeren MD, PhD, University Medical Centre Groningen, Department of Anaesthesiology, Groningen, The Netherlands; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
- Build upon your basic knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies, and seize the opportunity to learn to use different devices which best fit the needs of your patients.
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Refresher on cardiovascular physiology of the systemic and pulmonary circulation
- Arterial blood pressure curve pathophysiology
- Assessing and using cardiac output
- Recognise shock
- Estimate patient`s oxygen needs
- Meaning of static and functional haemodynamic variables
- Getting the picture together: Improving organ perfusion
- Case Based Discussions:
– Sepsis, pneumonia, ARDS
– Post-operative instability
– Acute heart failure, pulmonary hypertension
Who should attend this master class?
- This master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same medical centre. For more details contact directly email@example.com
Social media: @ESICM #haemo
Highlights from the 2019 edition
The 1st edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 14 experts and 51 participants from 22 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Excellent speakers!
- Practical simulation workshops with manikins and web-based interactive case scenarios
- Leading expert presence, Interactivity, Clinical cases discussions, Simulation scenarios
- High degree of clinical applicability of the presented material
- Personally I would have liked more time practicing with the echocardiography mannequin