Dates: April 7-9, 2021 (fully booked)
Xavier MONNET MD, PhD, Professor of Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Bicêtre Hospital, Paris-Saclay University Hospitals, Paris, France; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Bernd SAUGEL MD, Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology, Centre of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany; Deputy chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
- Build upon your knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside through interactive and white board lectures, workshops and video analysis
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies
- An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Cardiovascular physiology: CO/VR, physiology and manipulation
- Shock: definition and recognition
- Echo Assessment
- Assessing and Predicting Fluid Responsiveness
- PAC and Less Invasive Volumetric Monitoring
- Microcirculation and Tissue Oxygenation & Perfusion
- Haemodynamic Optimisation on High Risk Surgical Patient
- ARDS and Haemodynamic Effect of Ventilation
- Haemodynamics specific to Extracorporeal Life Support and/or Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Clinical and Perfusion Assessment
Who should attend this e-master class?
- This e-master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 3 or more participants from the same medical centre. For group discount do NOT follow the standard registration procedure but contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Master Class Incentive
ESICM rewards your fidelity! If you have attended 5 or more master classes in Brussels or virtually during the past two years you can benefit from ONE free registration to any of the future master classes. Contact us here for further details: email@example.com
Social media: @ESICM #haemo
Highlights from the 2020 edition
The 2nd edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 13 experts and 54 participants from 19 countries came together for 3 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Everything went well. Excellent organisation and speakers, with great proximity between all the participants.
- Opportunity to learn very closely from world experts on haemodinamycs. The structural progression from basic to advanced concepts.
- Experts bringing together physiology with evidence; motivated team; combination of lecture, group work, hands on
- The friendly, open enviroment to have different opinions and be respected. Talks about physiology and up to date clinical approaches !!! Great. The class was a big kick off to make better step towards the clinical practise and treatment of seriously sick patietns.
- Its clinical relevance
- Perfect balance between theoretical sessions and hands-on! Q&A with papers was very efficient, because many people don’t like to speak.
Highlights from the 2019 edition
The 1st edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 14 experts and 51 participants from 22 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Excellent speakers!
- Practical simulation workshops with manikins and web-based interactive case scenarios
- Leading expert presence, Interactivity, Clinical cases discussions, Simulation scenarios
- High degree of clinical applicability of the presented material
- Personally I would have liked more time practicing with the echocardiography mannequin