Dates 2022: tbc
Master Class Director: Xavier MONNET MD, PhD, Professor of Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Bicêtre Hospital, Paris-Saclay University Hospitals, Paris, France; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
Social media: @ESICM #haemo
The Haemodynamic Monitoring, Brussels, Belgium, 24/11/2021-26/11/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 16 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
- Build upon your knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside through interactive and white board lectures, workshops and video analysis
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Cardiovascular physiology: CO/VR, physiology and manipulation
- Shock: definition and recognition
- Echo Assessment
- Assessing and Predicting Fluid Responsiveness
- PAC and Less Invasive Volumetric Monitoring
- Microcirculation and Tissue Oxygenation & Perfusion
- Haemodynamic Optimisation on High Risk Surgical Patient
- ARDS and Haemodynamic Effect of Ventilation
- Haemodynamics specific to Extracorporeal Life Support and/or Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Clinical and Perfusion Assessment
This e-master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
Highlights of previous editions
2021 – November
Thanks to its incredible success, we held a second, virtual edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class! A total of 14 experts and 78 participants from 26 countries engaged in this highly interactive course.
- Thanks to all professors and the organizers and all the participants for this amazing course
- Despite world time, I learnt a lot, that was so good to improve my knowledge about hemodynamics, thanks a lot
- Thank you so much for 3 great days!
- Thanks to all, I learned a lot
2021 – April
Despite the uncertain context, the third edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up, this time virtually! A total of 11 experts and 83 participants from 25 countries engaged in interactive activities and case-based discussions. Here are some of their comments on this innovative educational format:
- Thank you very much to all the excellent faculty and all participants, I learnt a lot.
- Excellent masterclass as always!
- Thank you Master Speakers! Thank you all! Great experience!
- It was an amazing Master Class with high-level of knowledge with top experts
The 2nd edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 13 experts and 54 participants from 19 countries came together for 3 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Everything went well. Excellent organisation and speakers, with great proximity between all the participants.
- Opportunity to learn very closely from world experts on haemodynamics. The structural progression from basic to advanced concepts.
- Experts bringing together physiology with evidence; motivated team; a combination of lecture, group work, hands-on
- The friendly, open environment to have different opinions and be respected. Talks about physiology and up to date clinical approaches !!! Great. The class was a big kick-off to make better step towards the clinical practice and treatment of seriously sick patients.
- Its clinical relevance
- Perfect balance between theoretical sessions and hands-on! Q&A with papers was very efficient because many people don’t like to speak.
The 1st edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 14 experts and 51 participants from 22 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Excellent speakers!
- Practical simulation workshops with manikins and web-based interactive case scenarios
- Leading expert presence, Interactivity, Clinical cases discussions, Simulation scenarios
- High degree of clinical applicability of the presented material
- Personally I would have liked more time practicing with the echocardiography mannequin