Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: February 24-26, 2020
Thomas W.L. Scheeren MD, PhD, University Medical Centre Groningen, Department of Anaesthesiology, Groningen, The Netherlands; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Jean-Louis Teboul MD, PhD, Medical ICU of the Bicêtre University Hospital (Assistance-Publique Hôpitaux de Paris), Paris, Professor of Therapeutics and Critical Care Medicine, at the University Paris-South, France, Treasurer and Deputy Chair of the Division of Administrative Affairs, ESICM
Accreditation: The Haemodynamic Monitoring, Brussels, Belgium, 24/02/2020-26/02/2020 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 17 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
Compliance: The event is compliant with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
- Build upon your knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside through interactive and white board lectures, workshops and simulations
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies, and seize the opportunity to learn to use different devices which best fit the needs of your patients.
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Cardiovascular physiology: CO/VR, physiology and manipulation
- Shock: definition and recognition
- Echo Assessment
- Assessing and Predicting Fluid Responsiveness
- PAC and Less Invasive Volumetric Monitoring
- Microcirculation and Tissue Oxygenation & Perfusion
- Haemodynamic Optimisation on High Risk Surgical Patient
- ARDS and Haemodynamic Effect of Ventilation
- Haemodynamics specific to Extracorporeal Life Support and/or Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Clinical and Perfusion Assessment
Who should attend this master class?
- This master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same medical centre. For more details contact directly email@example.com
Master Class Incentive
ESICM rewards your fidelity! If you have attended 5 or more master classes in Brussels during the past two years you can benefit from ONE free registration to any of the future master classes held at the ESICM Training Centre. Contact us here for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media: @ESICM #haemo
Highlights from the 2019 edition
The 1st edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 14 experts and 51 participants from 22 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Excellent speakers!
- Practical simulation workshops with manikins and web-based interactive case scenarios
- Leading expert presence, Interactivity, Clinical cases discussions, Simulation scenarios
- High degree of clinical applicability of the presented material
- Personally I would have liked more time practicing with the echocardiography mannequin