Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: February 24-26, 2020
Maurizio Cecconi MD FRCA FFICM MD(Res), Head of Department Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Units, IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Humanitas University, Milan, Italy; President Elect, ESICM
Thomas W.L. Scheeren MD, PhD, University Medical Centre Groningen, Department of Anaesthesiology, Groningen, The Netherlands; Chair Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM
Jean-Louis TEBOUL MD, PhD, Medical ICU of the Bicêtre University Hospital (Assistance-Publique Hôpitaux de Paris), Paris, Professor of Therapeutics and Critical Care Medicine, at the University Paris-South, France, Treasurer and Deputy Chair of the Division of Administrative Affairs, ESICM
Accreditation of 2019 edition: The Haemodynamic Monitoring, Brussels, Belgium, 26/02/2019-27/02/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 10 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Endorsement: The Master Class is endorsed by the Cardiovascular Dynamics Section, ESICM.
Compliance: The request for compliance with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice will be made.
- Build upon your basic knowledge of cardiovascular haemodynamics and your personal experience at the bedside
- Share knowledge with experts & peers and debate cases with common pathologies such as sepsis, post-operative haemodynamic instability, left- and right heart failure, trauma, pulmonary embolism
- Get an overview of current haemodynamic monitoring technologies, and seize the opportunity to learn to use different devices which best fit the needs of your patients.
- An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- Frank Starling and Guyton physiology at the bedside
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Filling Pressures: CVP and PAOP
- Arterial Blood Pressure monitoring: non invasive, invasive and pulse pressure analysis
- Cardiac output monitoring: PAC and less invasive devices. Using CO monitors to improve tissue perfusion
- Oxygen Demand/Supply Balance
- Recognition of Shock and Use of Perfusion markers: lactate, SvO2, ScvO2, PCO2v-a difference
- Heart Lung Interaction and Dynamic Indices of Preload
- Interventricular Dependence
- Refresher on cardiovascular physiology of the systemic and pulmonary circulation
- Arterial blood pressure curve pathophysiology
- Assessing and using cardiac output
- Recognise shock
- Estimate patient`s oxygen needs
- Meaning of static and functional haemodynamic variables
- Getting the picture together: Improving organ perfusion
- Case Based Discussions:
– Sepsis, pneumonia, ARDS
– Post-operative instability
– Acute heart failure, pulmonary hypertension
Who should attend this master class?
- This master class programme is particularly suitable for trainees in their first years of training in intensive care medicine or specialists that want to refresh their knowledge on these topics.
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same medical centre. For more details contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media: @ESICM #haemo
Highlights from the 2019 edition
The 1st edition of the Haemodynamic Monitoring Master Class has just wrapped up. A total of 14 experts and 51 participants from 22 countries came together for 2 days at the ESICM Training Centre in Brussels. Here are some of their comments on what they liked best about their experience:
- Excellent speakers!
- Practical simulation workshops with manikins and web-based interactive case scenarios
- Leading expert presence, Interactivity, Clinical cases discussions, Simulation scenarios
- High degree of clinical applicability of the presented material
- Personally I would have liked more time practicing with the echocardiography mannequin