ICM is a critical care journal that publishes studies covering all aspects of critical care from every country. The journal publishes studies that include critically ill patients or patients at very high risk of becoming critically ill and, in addition to those investigating critically ill patients in the ICU, welcomes studies of high-risk patients in the Emergency Department and during the perioperative period.
Official journal of The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine and The European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care.
Impact factor: 12.015 (2017)
Section “Critical care medicine”: Rank 3 of 33
Abstracted/Indexed in: PubMed/Medline, Science Citation Index/Journal Citation Report
Aims and scope
The journal Intensive Care Medicine provides a medium for the communication and exchange of current work and ideas in this field. It is intended for all involved in intensive medical care, physicians, anaesthetists, surgeons, pediatricians, and all concerned with the pre-clinical subjects and medical sciences basic to these disciplines.
- Review articles reflecting the present state of knowledge in special areas or summarizing limited themes in which discussion has led to clearly defined conclusions.
- Original papers reporting progress and results in all areas of intensive care medicine and its related fields.
- Educational articles giving information on the progress of a topic of particular interest.
- Discussion on technology, methods, new apparatus and modifications of standard techniques.
- Correspondence concerning matters of topical interest or relating to published material.
- Meetings reports.
The journal is open for publication of supplements and for publishing abstracts of scientific meetings. Conditions can be obtained from the Editor-in-Chief or the publisher. Color figures are free of charge and the journal follows Springer’s Open Choice policy for authors (publication of papers in open access, for a fee).
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Exam Preparation Courses
Thematic Advanced Courses
Practical Case Based Workshops
European Diploma in ICM (EDIC)
European Diploma in advanced critical care EchoCardiography (EDEC)