The challenge continues…
Each year, International Women’s Day (IWD), originally designated as “International Working Women’s Day” shines a spotlight on the role of women around the world and provides an opportunity for all to reflect on the progress (or lack there of) in terms of gender rights and equality.
In this icTV interview with ESICM’s Sherry Scharff, leadership consultant Avivah Wittenberg-Cox discusses the gender imbalance in healthcare and intensive care medicine specifically, where the number of female graduates is high, but the number of managers and those working in leadership roles is far fewer.
At ESICM, we are working on gender parity, with a number of key initiatives to increase the engagement of women in our official roles, congress and training programmes. LIVES 2018 in Paris will showcase many of these…
Want to get involved now? Here’s how:
- ESICM Elections 2018 – The Call for Candidates will begin in April 2018. Help shape your society by standing for a position to represent your Country on the Council or apply for one of our other official positions.
- LIVES 2018 – Abstracts are now open. Submit your research and don’t miss the opportunity to present in front international peers and experts in Paris. N&AHP members are encouraged to submit abstracts through the “Countdown to Paris” programme – contact email@example.com for more details!
- ESICM Research Awards 2018 – The submission system is open until May… This year, over 355,000 euro is available for research projects, with specific awards for women, young researchers, projects conducted in low and middle income countries and patient and family centred projects. Many former awardees have gone on to conduct long term studies under the ESICM Trials Group. Fund your important research & ensure your involvement with ESICM continues in the future!
- FREE Web-based Infection Course – N&AHP members who complete this online course by June can earn free entry to LIVES 2018 plus travel expenses! Don’t miss this chance to get involved, build your skills and network at the highly anticipated annual congress in Paris!
- Contact us – We would love to hear your thoughts on how to make ESICM truly a society that represents us all! Send us your ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s join together to make 2018 a pivotal year for gender parity in ESICM and intensive care medicine!
#PressforProgress #IWD18 #members