Half-Marathon Webinar – Saturday 16 May: Watch the replay!
Two weeks after the WHO assessment of COVID-19 as a pandemic, ESICM united more than 130,000 health care professionals from 160 different countries, for an 8-hour live marathon webinar on COVID-19, connected through YouTube, Facebook and the Society’s website.
Global interest in the work of intensive care professionals and the need for more information and guidance about the pandemic and treatment of critically ill COVID-19 patients, has led the Society to continue to provide free, open access resources, and also a second webinar of a shorter duration, which it called a “half marathon” webinar.
The COVID-19 Half Marathon took place on Saturday 16 May 2020, from 14.00-18.00 hrs CEST and involved guest speakers, clinical researchers and leading experts, such as:
• Dr Janet Victoria Diaz, Head of Clinical Care, Health Emergencies, World Health Organisation (WHO, Geneva)
• Prof. Luciano Gattinoni (University of Milan, Italy)
• Prof. Alberto Mantovani (Humanitas University, Milan, Italy)
• Prof. Peter Pickkers (Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
• Prof. Anders Perner (Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark)
• Prof. Richard Beale (King’s College London & Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London)
• Prof. Jozef Kesecioglu (UMC Utrecht, Netherlands and EICM President)
• Prof. Maurizio Cecconi (Humanitas University, Milan and ESICM President-elect)
• Prof. Jan De Waele (Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium and current Chair of the ESICM Research Committee)
• Prof. Julie Helms (Strasbourg University Hospital, France)
• Dr Lennie Derde (UMC Utrecht, The Netherlands)
Among the topics covered were:
• adaptive research during a pandemic
• immune response to SARS/COV2
• coagulopathy and thrombosis
• steroids in COVID ARDS
• the WHO response: an update
Participants were able to access the discussions live, free of charge, at any point, or to watch the recording afterwards, as well as send their questions to the panelists throughout the course of the webinar.
#COVID19 #Coronavirus #covidmarathon #esicmtv