Advanced Bedside Monitoring in ARF*
Location: ESICM Brussels Training Centre (19 Rue Belliard – 1040 Brussels)
Dates: November 5-6, 2019
Master Class Directors:
Jean-Michel ARNAL MD, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Sainte Musse Hospital, Toulon, France
Tommaso MAURI MD, Assistant Professor and Staff Physician at the Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Italy
Accreditation:The Advanced Bedside Monitoring in Acute Respiratory Failure, Brussels, Belgium, 05/11/2019- 06/11/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 11 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Compliance: The event is compliant with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
*ARF – Acute Respiratory Failure
This new two day master class will bring new insights on respiratory mechanics, waveforms interpretations, esophageal pressure, ultrasound & EIT. Participants will experience a progressive immersion in the content, active learning techniques and a variety of instructional strategies from interactive lectures and round table with open debates on specific topics, to clinical study workshops and hands-on.
For deeper penetration into what is being learned an online support classroom with various study resources will be made available prior to the master class.
Key Reasons to attend
- Up-to-date discussions on the hottest clinical topics on bedside monitoring
- Sessions focusing on respiratory mechanics, wave forms interpretations, oesophageal pressure, ultrasound and haemodynamics, diaphragm monitoring, EIT and during high flow
- Practical approach with lots of workshops, hands-on and simulation-based sessions
- Access to e-learning before and after the master class
- Lots of opportunities to interact and share experiences among participants and with the team of international experts that will be facilitating the master class
- An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event
- To review the respiratory mechanics & understand the patient-ventilator interaction
- To comprehend why and when advanced monitoring is required
- To assess lung protection, patient-ventilator synchronization, and patient effort indexes.
- To consolidate the basic of ultrasound, learn how to perform and interpret a lung and diaphragm ultrasound examination, with examples of different lung pathological conditions, discuss the catheter selection and different monitoring tools, learn how to position the oesophageal catheter, inflate the balloon, and verify its functioning.
- To understand the principles of EIT, how to correctly place the belt and interpret the signal, describe different clinical applications of EIT, use EIT for guidance of mechanical ventilation
- To recognize the patient-ventilator asynchronies using waveforms, discuss the mechanism for each asynchrony and the methods to improve synchronization.
- To monitor the diaphragm by ultrasound and transdiaphragmatic pressure.
- To assess the heamodynamics based on Echocardiography, Central venous saturation and Arterial blood gases.
- To be aware about different approaches to HFNC patients monitoring
- To interpret flow, oesophageal- and gastric pressure and EAdi measurements in patients performing a weaning trial (determine PEEPi, PTP, WOB).
- Rationale for advanced monitoring in acute respiratory failure
- Respiratory mechanics, waveforms interpretations, oesophageal pressure, ultrasound & EIT
- Oesophageal pressure: placement, verification & applications (in sedated patients & spontaneous breathing patients)
- Lung and diaphragm ultrasound method & application
- Diaphragm monitoring
- Haemodynamic monitoring in acute respiratory failure
- Monitoring patients on high flow
- Monitoring tools and how to combine them in ARDS, COPD, Weaning phase
Who should attend this master class?
- Junior intensivists seeking for a thorough approach in the bedside monitoring
- Senior intensivists wanting a comprehensive refresher training programme
- ESICM offers a 20% discount for 2 or more participants from the same medical centre. For more details contact directly email@example.com