- Controlled MV settings: basics
- How to assess respiratory mechanics at the bedside
- Strategies to set PEEP and to achieve lung recruitment
Revisiting the basics of mechanical ventilation with a nice quiz at the end…
Highly recommend https://www.youtube.com/youvent – great (free), short videos on mechanical ventilation
Recruitment Manoeuvres: 3 ways of doing it ….
- sustained inflation
- pressure controlled ventilation
- incremental (decremental) PEEP trial
The ART trial highlighted the potential dangerous of recruitment manoeuvres. It’s effect may be dependant on determining which patients have recruitable lungs in the first place….
@luigi_ICM suggests that an assessment of potential lung recruitability MUST be performed prior to RM.
Do you know your respiratory mechanics equation??