Intensive Care Medicine seeks a creative collaborator to renew its iconographic style
Intensive Care Medicine, a leading academic journal in the intensive and critical care field and the Society’s official journal, is seeking to renew its iconographic style.
The journal is launching a contest to find an experienced and creative freelance medical illustrator willing to collaborate with the editorial team to help produce a new image.
The ICM journal publishes visual abstracts, tables, figures and info-graphics to accompany its written content. Current examples can be found here.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience in medical illustration.
She/He will be expected to:
● Be familiar with reading medical records
● Be able to work independently and on a tight schedule
● Be able to adapt materials provided by the authors to the defined ICM style
● Be able to propose more suitable graphical solutions starting from the author’s provided original material
● Be able to create info-graphics from scratch, starting from the content provided
Interested applicants should send an alternative proposal for each of the two samples listed below, together with a CV and a portfolio of their recent work, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30th, 2020, at the latest.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted directly by the ICM Editorial Office.
Visit Springer’s dedicated page for this call for illustrator here...
More information about the Intensive Care Medicine journal, here…