PRESIDENT’S SESSION: CLINICAL TRIALS IN INTENSIVE CARE
CLINICAL TRIALS IN INTENSIVE CARE
This special Thematic Session chaired by President Daniel De Backer and Chair of ESICM's Division of Scientific Affairs Jozef Kesecioglu features results from six new clinical trials on a range of topics in intensive care. The session will begin with the awarding of the 2015 Global Sepsis awards by Konrad Reinhart followed by presentations of a number of highly-anticipated trials...
Resuscitation fluid use in adult intensive care patients: An international, cross-sectional study in 426 intensive care units: The Fluid-TRIPS trial
The Fluid Translation of Research Into Practice Study (Fluid TRIPS) is an international, cross-sectional study of the administration of resuscitation fluids in adult intensive care patients that was conducted in 426 intensive care units from 27 countries between April – December 2014. In addition to describing the incidence, type and indication for resuscitation fluids, comparisons with a previous cross-sectional study conducted in 2007 (SAFE-TRIPS: Finfer et al Critical Care, 2010, 14:R185) were made to describe secular trends in international fluid resuscitation practices that have occurred following the publication of a number of pivotal trials of fluid resuscitation (SAFE, VISEP, CRYSTMAS, 6-S, CHEST, CRISTAL, ALBIOS).
~ Naomi Hammond
Keratinocyte growth factor in ARDS to reduce pulmonary dysfunction: The KARE trial
There are pre-clinical data suggesting that keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) may be beneficial in the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). We wanted to test the hypothesis that treatment with KGF would improve outcomes in patients with ARDS. To do this we conducted a prospective, randomised, double-blind, allocation concealed, placebo-controlled phase 2 study in patients with ARDS who were randomised to receive either KGF (Palifermin 60 µg/kg) or placebo daily for up to 6 days.
Here is the full list of all presentations, speakers and commentators for this top Clinical Trials session:
- CAESAR: A new instrument to assess relative’s experience of dying and death in the ICU
- Speaker: Elie Azoulay, Paris, France
- Commentator: Stephen J. Brett, London, United Kingdom
- Resuscitation fluid use in adult intensive care patients: An international, cross-sectional study in 426 intensive care units: The Fluid-TRIPS trial
- Speaker: Naomi Hammond, Sydney, Australia
- Commentator: Shivakumar Iyer, Pune, India
- A cluster randomised trial of a multifaceted quality improvement intervention in Brasilian intensive care units
- Speaker: Alexandre B. Cavalcanti, São Paulo, Brazil
- Commentator: Mirella Oliveira, Curitiba, Brazil
- Keratinocyte growth factor in ARDS to reduce pulmonary dysfunction: The KARE trial
- Speaker: Danny McAuley, Belfast, Ireland
- Commentator: Mark Peters, London, United Kingdom
- A trial of Non Invasive Ventilation for post-extubation respiratory failure after Abdominal Surgery: The NIVAS trial
- Speaker: Samir Jaber, Montpellier, France
- Commentator: Kaijiang Yu, Harbin, China
- Very High Volume Haemofiltration with the CASCADE system in septic shock patients
- Speaker: Jean-Pierre Quenot, Dijon, France
- Commentator: Peter de Feiter, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Arrive early for this popular session - places will fill fast...
Thematic Session ~ PRESIDENT’S SESSION: CLINICAL TRIALS IN INTENSIVE CARE
06.10.2015, 16:00 – 18:05, room Berlin<Back to the news list