Record number of clinical trials results to be released at LIVES 2014
Each year, intensive care professionals converge at the annual congress of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine to get a front row seat for the release of results from a number of long-awaited trials from the field.
The 27th edition of the ESICM congress - LIVES 2014 in Barcelona will indeed feature the ever-popular "Hot Topics" Session, where results are presented from some of the most awaited trials, some of which have their corresponding papers simultaneously published in a major medical journal. Here is the lineup:
- The effects of decontamination of the oropharynx and intestinal tract on antibiotic resistance in ICUs
- Correction of vitamin D deficiency in critically ill patients
- Early high-dose erythropoietin therapy after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A multicentre, randomised controlled trial (EPO-ACR 02)
- Early goal directed therapy in sepsis: The ARISE trial
- Transfusion Threshold in Septic Shock: The TRISS trial
- Calories: A phase III multicentre RCT comparing early nutritional support with parenteral versus enteral routes
"LIVES 2014: Three days filled with cutting-edge intensive care medicine research - an essential meeting for every ICM professional interested in being updated on the most current science and practice."
Do not miss your chance to secure your place and REGISTER NOW for LIVES 2014: The largest, most innovative scientific ICM meeting of the year!
For more details and updates, be sure to visit our webpage!