ESICM LIVES 2012
<Back to the news list
As with each ESICM Annual Congress, the scientific programme of LIVES 2012 boasts an array of specialised subjects from the field of intensive care and the sessions provide updated insight and data from experts in a variety of disciplines. However, this year, the lineup of our popular Hot Topics Session has jammed presentations and discussion of more highly anticipated trials in one exceptional session than ever before.
This session will mark the first presentation of several key studies from the field, with simultaneous publication of two articles in JAMA. Leading experts will delve into the following topics/study results:
Be sure to mark your agenda for this groundbreaking session!
- Tight glycaemic control in children influences neurocognitive function after ICU
- Daily sedation holidays vs. protocolised sedation: Any difference?
- The PROSEVA trial: Effect of prone positioning in patients with severe and persistent ARDS.
- Albumin for volume replacement in severe sepsis. The ALBIOS Trial.
- Fluid resuscitation with 6% HES (130/0.4) vs. normal saline. The CHEST trial.
- Standards of care and clinical outcomes for patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery. The EuSOS study.
Still need to REGISTER?
YES: ONSITE Registration is available at CCL at the following times:
Saturday 13 October 08:00 - 18:30
Sunday 14 October 08:00 - 20:00
Monday 15 October 07:30 - 18:30
Tuesday 16 October 08:00 - 20:00
Wednesday 17 October 08:00 - 17:00
Are you ESICM connected?
YES: Visit the ESICM Member's Lounge @ LIVES 2012 in Lisbon
The ESICM Annual Congress is a unique time and place for members to connect and reconnect.
At LIVES 2012, we have reserved an exclusive place for ESICM Members to meet others, relax and refresh, keep up to date with daily newspapers or go online with free internet access.
This year's Member Lounge has two brand new features: an iPad bar for you to surf the web or broadcast our hottest sessions and a new functional meeting area!
JOIN US @ the Member's Lounge!
Saturday, 13 October 08:30 – 18:00
Sunday, 14 October 08:15 – 20:15
Monday, 15 October 08:30 – 18:00
Tuesday, 16 October 08:30 – 18:00
Wednesday, 17 October 08:30 – 16:00
Find us on Level 1, near room Barcelona...
Not yet an ESICM Member?
YES: Become part of our intensive connection. Reap all of the benefits of membership including:
To find out more, ask one of our membership hostesses (around CCL) or stop in at one of our checkpoints below!
- annual subscription to INTENSIVE CARE MEDICINE journal,
- discounted fees at our Annual and regional congresses and other endorsed meetings,
- access to online flash conferences and PACT, our web-based training programme,
- copies of past / current books and publications, plus much, much more!
JOIN US and help us make a Connection!
@ESICM LOUNGE Area